Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2017 2:33:47 PM EDT
brownells has the acr barrels in stock for the acr , never thought I would live to see the day that bm is selling parts for the platform!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 3:43:09 PM EDT
[#1]
With the AR market finally stagnating, this is the perfect time for BM to revitalize the ACR. 

I've already ordered a new barrel assembly for mine. Rumor is they may finally release the Remington Defense handguard. Along with the PRS stock, that gives a good offering of stocks and handguards. All that's left is the different caliber conversions and AK-style lower to finally deliver on everything promised. 
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 3:59:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Caliber conversion with Six8 style pmag lower plz 
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 4:18:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
You'd think that would be a no-brainer with Magpul manufacturing the lowers. 

I don't see BM moving on to other calibers until they work out the .300BO conversion though since it's just a barrel and not a bolt. Apparently, they've been working on the .300BO for a while, but they're having trouble with a piston system reliably cycling both super- and subsonic ammo. Aftermarket guys seem to have it figured out though. 
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 8:13:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I don't see BM moving on to other calibers until they work out the .300BO conversion though since it's just a barrel and not a bolt. Apparently, they've been working on the .300BO for a while, but they're having trouble with a piston system reliably cycling both super- and subsonic ammo. Aftermarket guys seem to have it figured out though. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's kinda crazy since a regular AR cycles both with no problem.  Maybe on the 300BO barrel they can omit the gas adjustment?  Lighter, cheaper, simpler?
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 8:22:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That's kinda crazy since a regular AR cycles both with no problem.  Maybe on the 300BO barrel they can omit the gas adjustment?  Lighter, cheaper, simpler?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AR's direct impingement system uses a larger volume of gas and taps it closer to the chamber where it's higher pressure. The ACR piston system has to move a lot more weight with a much smaller volume of gas. Then they have to account for with and without a suppressor to further compound the problem. 
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:48:28 PM EDT
[#6]
To be fair, it took IWI a year to sort out the Tavor 300 BLK conversion. I suspect there's a lot more to it on the support backend than is immediately obvious.

Beretta has been slow to do anything with the ARX and I'm sure there's something similar at play (aside from the normal Beretta taking forever) despite the 7.62x39 variant in use overseas.

I remember reading the 6.8 ACR had some challenges that were never resolved, but you know what they say about things you read on the internet.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:39:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Remington defense gets so pissed when I tell them I've built a post sample 300blk Acr and have done 25 blackout rifle conversions.  Kind of like how pissed we get when they say they won't give us the hand guards.

That being said. I've done a few different conversions.  Next is 762x39 and 6.5 Grendel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top