Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2016 8:53:46 PM EDT
I know the basics. I'd like to dig in a little bit to see if I'm interested in owning one. I'd also just like to know more.

Does anyone have a nice write up available which discusses this platform for me to read? The more in depth, the better. I don't mind reading a book.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:35:22 PM EDT
[#1]
You can read a thousand reviews and you'll get a thousand different arguments. Is the rifle perfect? No. Is the rifle good? Definitely! Military Arms Channel did a decent review of it a couple years back and then tested it side-to-side, between its contender - the SCAR. Don't believe the myths that have been purposely embedded by sore consumers that expected a $1200 rifle. It is top heavy; there isn't much aftermarket support; and Bushmaster will take their sweet ass time with repairs or sending you a couple parts. There are good people in the gunsmithing business that are doing good things to the rifle, including Dana (birddog200399) a member who has done great things with the rifle and can tell you more about it, than just about anyone else I know in the industry. I encourage you to at least find an indoor range with rentals and see if you can test fire one out and see for yourself, firsthand, if it's something you want to invest in.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 11:10:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know of any rental ranges near me, but thank you for the reply.

It's an interesting gun.

I'm aware of the SCAR, and have shot one. Not for me. Neat, but relegated to the long list. I would like a SCAR though. I'm trying to see where the ACR fits into my gun list
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 8:06:14 AM EDT
[#3]
It funny how people endlessly bitch about the ACR for retailing for more than Magpul's initial estimate and then they immediately compare it to the Scar with a street price at least 25% higher . People also bitch about the lack of factory caliber conversions, but I would hope that the ticked off early adopters would have sold theirs by now and potential buyers would know better by now.

In my opinion, anyone who collects modern military style rifles should have the ACR on the list and even more so if they have a tendency to modify them (especially SBR them) as that's when the ACR shines the brightest.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top