Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2016 10:47:40 AM EDT
I want to put a Geissele trigger in my ACR and was wondering if there was an advantage to getting the Super ACR trigger over the SSA trigger?

Thanks,
Mark
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 12:24:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Found the SSA to be nicer than the super ACR
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 12:08:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not familiar with either of the triggers mentioned, but I wanted to point out that any AR trigger will fit the ACR with only a minor modification.  I personally have a RRA match trigger in mine and love it...I'm sure there are better triggers out there but it's always what I've run.

hope this helps!
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 12:51:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not familiar with either of the triggers mentioned, but I wanted to point out that any AR trigger will fit the ACR with only a minor modification.  I personally have a RRA match trigger in mine and love it...I'm sure there are better triggers out there but it's always what I've run.

hope this helps!
View Quote

Could you elaborate on the minor modification?  Ive been interested in upgrading the trigger on my ACR and was just looking at the one specific for it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 12:53:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I just use the factory hammer spring with my Ar triggers.   I've ran almost all of the geissele triggers that way. My favorite semi trigger is the ssa-e.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 2:55:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:Could you elaborate on the minor modification?
View Quote

It's a single, small bend of the right leg of the hammer spring. That's it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:22:15 PM EDT
[#6]
It's really nothing major. Yank out the old spring, and gently bend the new one until it's a perfect angular match to the old.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 12:21:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a SD3G in mine and just used the stock hammer spring. Bending the spring would be super easy tho. The Super ACR is what? $350? That's crazy for a gun that takes AR triggers.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 8:18:48 PM EDT
[#8]
The super ACR is $260.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top