Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2016 12:36:44 AM EDT
I didn't notice anything in the rules about discussing other forums, I apologize if I missed it.

There is a topic in M4 carbine forum about Faxon possibly making a lightweight ACR barrel if enough people will purchase them.

Sorry, typing this on my phone, if its ok to add a link, I will when I get on my computer.

Faxon seems pretty active on this forum, hopefully someone will confirm this.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 12:54:53 AM EDT
[#1]
This website is going to put me in the poor house! I know of the thread but didn't know Faxon was going to support it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 7:47:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 9:42:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a couple contacts up there at Remington. Let me see if I can work anything out.   I wouldn't hold my breath but it's worth a try

Link Posted: 8/2/2016 11:34:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes, we can make any barrel with a minimum quantity of 50 units. We will not, however, organize the group buy. If the ACR community wants to come together and pool their resources, we will gladly step up to the plate.

Please note that it will be for the base barrel. Remington/Bushmaster does not play nice with us little guys for parts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I didn't notice anything in the rules about discussing other forums, I apologize if I missed it.

There is a topic in M4 carbine forum about Faxon possibly making a lightweight ACR barrel if enough people will purchase them.

Sorry, typing this on my phone, if its ok to add a link, I will when I get on my computer.

Yes, we can make any barrel with a minimum quantity of 50 units. We will not, however, organize the group buy. If the ACR community wants to come together and pool their resources, we will gladly step up to the plate.

Please note that it will be for the base barrel. Remington/Bushmaster does not play nice with us little guys for parts.

What caliber options will you make available? I'm putting myself in debt, but I'm down for either 6.5 or 6.8 type II
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 11:42:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 9:42:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

We can and will make anything, but are not the ones to decide. It will be up to a given buyer of 50 units to decide what they want.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What caliber options will you make available? I'm putting myself in debt, but I'm down for either 6.5 or 6.8 type II

We can and will make anything, but are not the ones to decide. It will be up to a given buyer of 50 units to decide what they want.

Roger that! Time to rally the troops and start a poll. Do you guys have a template barrel? I'm willing to donate mine if you guys need one.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 9:01:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 12:49:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd be down.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 1:40:34 PM EDT
[#9]
The problem is getting 50 people that all want the same barrel. Sorry to sound negative, but there's no way it will happen.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 2:53:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The problem is getting 50 people that all want the same barrel. Sorry to sound negative, but there's no way it will happen.
View Quote

I'm encountering the same problem. I thought the idea of expanding to other calibers would excite a few fellow ACR owners but they want to stick to 5.56. I understand their perspective and reasoning but I already spent a good amount of money lightening my current barrel and 5.56 is losing its appeal to me.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 11:06:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 11:26:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Ya do it. If more people made parts, more people would buy ACR's. Now that prices are somewhat reasonable it's not so bad. Barrel and handguard are the two real issues to tackle. The GF liked mine so much she had to buy one.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 11:55:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I see there is interest in both ACR barrels and ACR forends.

No promises, but we will at least discuss it in our long term product strategy meeting next week.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Would you guys consider input? I don't know how feasible it would be to have anyone produce the magnesium lower but even an aluminum lower with a flared magwell and the ability to accept AR type pistol grips would be phenomenal.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 9:45:54 AM EDT
[#14]
I am down for a lighter barrel and handguard
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 2:27:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd be interested in providing input on the platform where I can help.

I'd say the three areas are the barrel, handguard and lower. If those were made, the platform would be a lot more appealing to the masses-especially if you can develop a 7.62x39 lower/conversion
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 2:33:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 5:44:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Magnesium is straight out.  

Aluminum is most likely for a lower, and I will keep it in mind during the discussion.

We don't even have an ACR in house yet, so this is a bit premature, but I always like to keep my eyes open for rifle designs that are underserved in the accessories and upgrade market.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No promises, but we will at least discuss it in our long term product strategy meeting next week.

Sven
Manticore Arms

Would you guys consider input? I don't know how feasible it would be to have anyone produce the magnesium lower but even an aluminum lower with a flared magwell and the ability to accept AR type pistol grips would be phenomenal.

Aluminum is most likely for a lower, and I will keep it in mind during the discussion.

We don't even have an ACR in house yet, so this is a bit premature, but I always like to keep my eyes open for rifle designs that are underserved in the accessories and upgrade market.  

Sven
Manticore Arms

It is an under appreciated rifle; it always has been. People would make up faults but the real excuse was the price. Now that the price has dipped, I think more people are willing to give it a chance, and those that have, have been impressed. There is a need for upgrades and improvements but that's were you guys in the industry can give this rifle a new life.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 4:01:45 AM EDT
[#18]
I'd be very interested in all the parts discussed.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 1:08:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms

Sven
Manticore Arms

Pkease do both barrels and handguard. Maybe do a batch of 18.5 barrels for us canadian, you WILL  sell them loke hotcakes.

Ps. We need 18.5 barrel to be able to take the act to go hunt and de-register them from the government
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 10:56:18 PM EDT
[#20]
An AK lower with a matching barrel would be awesome!!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 7:26:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Any chance you get delete the QD barrel stuff on the new barrel?
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 4:06:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms

Sven
Manticore Arms

I know this is a couple months old, but I think there's a market for affordable handguards, definitely.  Adjustable gasblocks, plug-and-play barrels, charging handles, and metal safeties/bolt release/mag releases are also of interest.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 1:17:45 PM EDT
[#23]
I'd be interested in a QD 10.5" 300blk barrel, thats been tested for reliability with subs and supers.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 10:05:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Toyz, the only reliable way found so far is to run a pistol length gas system which means permanent mods to your charging tray.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 1:01:24 PM EDT
[#25]
I'd be in for one, the only thing I don't like about the ACR is the weight.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 1:50:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'd be interested in a QD 10.5" 300blk barrel, thats been tested for reliability with subs and supers.
View Quote

I've only gotten 3 out of 4 settings with 300blk and 10.5"  The problem is when you gas it to shoot subs unsuppressed, suppressed supers start becoming overgassed.

I did get a 11" to run 4 settings, but I never tested it with it with 147gr supers suppressed.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 3:21:10 PM EDT
[#27]
really hope someone can figure this out....
IMO 10.5" able to run supers and subs is the only what to make 300blk viable in this platform.
Big dog sounds close. Big dog how many barrels kits could you sell if you got this figured out?

Toyz
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 11:12:00 PM EDT
[#28]
I can tinker with it more, I just need some ammo and a barrel to open up to it's limits.  I had some room to work with on the 10.5.  I'll start a new thread so I don't clutter this one up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top