Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2016 1:52:02 PM EDT
Is still a reality! If we really want this, then let's show our support.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 5:49:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a clandestine hand guard on my ACR but a rem defense one would be nice to see available in my lifetime.  Although I'm down for a Geissele made rail in m-lok!  Count me in!
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 6:22:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Is still a reality! If we really want this, then let's show our support.
View Quote

This is the original post. Maybe Bill will see and respond.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_444/268957_Possible_ACR_handguard.html
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:14:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've got a clandestine hand guard on my ACR but a rem defense one would be nice to see available in my lifetime.  Although I'm down for a Geissele made rail in m-lok!  Count me in!
View Quote

So you have a unicorn handguard, huh. I tried from the get-go to get my hands on one of those but the owner disappeared. He sold every single last one, so I just don't see why he would discontinue them. Shame.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 10:51:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 12:23:02 AM EDT
[#5]
My favorite AR has a Geissele rail, would love to have one on my ACR also.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 12:56:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Pictures?

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pictures?

Sven
Manticore Arms

Aaahhh this man will make it happen... Manticore arms rails anyone?
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 4:30:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 5:21:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I see our reputation precedes us.

Sven
Manticore Arms

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pictures?

Sven
Manticore Arms

Aaahhh this man will make it happen... Manticore arms rails anyone?

I see our reputation precedes us.

Sven
Manticore Arms

I am a supporter of the Geissele rail idea, but a Transformer rail in FDE for the ACR would be sweet too.  I have more Manticore stuff than GA anyway.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 7:45:12 PM EDT
[#9]
The transformer rail would weigh a bunch unfortunately, the enhanced rail is already the heaviest rail made so far.

Now a lightweight extended version would be awesome.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 8:36:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 8:40:00 PM EDT
[#11]
There seems to be a re-interest in the ACR. I thought this gun was dead. Anyone know what re-sparked this interest?
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 9:31:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What makes you say a Transformer Rail would be heavy?

You realize the the AK trasnformer forend is lighter than an OEM poly or wood AK forend, and our 13" AR-15 Transformer Forend is only 7.4 ounces - lighter than most every other 13" aluminum forend made for the AR-15, right?

Sven
Manticore Arms

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The transformer rail would weigh a bunch unfortunately, the enhanced rail is already the heaviest rail made so far.

Now a lightweight extended version would be awesome.

What makes you say a Transformer Rail would be heavy?

You realize the the AK trasnformer forend is lighter than an OEM poly or wood AK forend, and our 13" AR-15 Transformer Forend is only 7.4 ounces - lighter than most every other 13" aluminum forend made for the AR-15, right?

Sven
Manticore Arms

I actually never heard of the transformer rails for AK's until just now.   I was thinking of the custom extended enhanced rail from the movie transformers.

I redact my statement.  A Transformer rail for an Acr would be pretty awesome!
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 10:43:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 11:02:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 2:59:06 PM EDT
[#16]
My ACR needs a new rail, I'm in.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 10:43:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I need a new rail as well.

Link Posted: 8/7/2016 10:50:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 11:20:46 PM EDT
[#19]
I own a business that makes thousands of rails a year and a while ago flirted with the idea of doing an ACR rail because I'm an ACR owner myself.

After crunching some basic numbers and looking at the something like 30k ACRs that were made, there's hardly a strong case for making a rial for them. You'd need to make something like 7-8k rails to even break even.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 7:59:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 11:33:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Well if the BLOWOUT sale price for an ACR rail is $350, my guess is it's not an $8k break-even, but I'm no industry expert....
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 1:33:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I own a business that makes thousands of rails a year and a while ago flirted with the idea of doing an ACR rail because I'm an ACR owner myself.

After crunching some basic numbers and looking at the something like 30k ACRs that were made, there's hardly a strong case for making a rial for them. You'd need to make something like 7-8k rails to even break even.
View Quote

I think your numbers are off. According to Drake, the initial release of the ACR was 30,000 rifles. I don't know what the current numbers are but the rifle is still being produced and demand seems to be climbing.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 7:37:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I think your numbers are off. According to Drake, the initial release of the ACR was 30,000 rifles. I don't know what the current numbers are but the rifle is still being produced and demand seems to be climbing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No doubt due to dudes like Nexus Tactical and Sven at Manticore Arms making the aftermarket a reality for the ACR. Its a fantastic rifle and it needs support to reach its full potential!
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 7:39:01 AM EDT
[#24]
...and I can't forget to mention Dana (Bigdog) making 300blk drop in conversions a reality.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 8:05:24 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The numbers I got at the time came from a VP at Remington's LEO division. Granted that number may have been reflective of what Remington made at the time, but still, trying to capture that big of the market is likely unrealistic.

If someone does end up making a rail, I'd be happy to buy one for my personal gun.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 2:08:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Staff creating a new ACR subforum?  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There seems to be a re-interest in the ACR. I thought this gun was dead. Anyone know what re-sparked this interest?

Staff creating a new ACR subforum?  

Sven
Manticore Arms

I sent you a PM.

The ACR has picked up in part because of the price drop as well as the uptick in aftermarket companies helping it out.  Plus a lot of word of mouth as people realize it's a solid platform.  A big dent in sales I believe was caused by Travis Haley ragging on it but no one has ever recreated the issues he claimed, and mines seen some hard hard use that would murder my ARs.  I think it was just a shot at Magpul.  He started off pushing everything of theirs, including the ACR, then they split and he bashed everything.  He even stopped using Pmags for a while which at the time was crazy.

With my IG and Facebook pages I get a lot of people telling me they're snatching them up and I've never left a match without people deciding to buy a one.  The rifle is sex if sex was a tank.

ETA: It's actually been in a ton of movies and games.  Honestly if you were to picture the US rifle of the future it would look a lot like the ACR which is why it seems to be the go to rifle for that.  That should be a new thread.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 11:27:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Haley claimed shooting from the magazine induced malfunctions. I do
this all the time and have never had an issue with mine!
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 8:16:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Costa also told me this at Shot 2015.  I'm not saying either is wrong, I've just not had the same issue unless I was putting extreme amounts of stress on the mag or shooting undergassed subsonic 300blk (Slow bolt speeds)

Link Posted: 8/12/2016 3:23:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Costa also told me this at Shot 2015.  I'm not saying either is wrong, I've just not had the same issue unless I was putting extreme amounts of stress on the mag or shooting undergassed subsonic 300blk (Slow bolt speeds)

View Quote

I do this anytime I'm shooting long range since support devices aren't allowed.  I have a special double mag I use just for it.  I literally slam it down every time to get a solid foundatation and its never happened once.  Both of them also claimed that they've never had an ACR survive their class but people in the ACR forum have taken their classes and reported back without hiccups.  Maybe Costa was messing with the Masada which was a little shady.  Either way it says something about their characters when they pushed the ACR and the second they're done with Magpul suddenly it's crap.  They did the same with the buis.  They had a little speech about the benefits of polymer sights at the end of one of their videos and now neither of them support poly sights and say they wouldn't run one.  I really would like to know what went down with them and magpul.  Lol

What did you say to him?
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 5:00:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Well, I have two ACRs, and I would like to get at least one.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 8:38:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Why won't anyone take my money?
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 8:45:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 7:28:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I do this anytime I'm shooting long range since support devices aren't allowed.  I have a special double mag I use just for it.  I literally slam it down every time to get a solid foundatation and its never happened once.  Both of them also claimed that they've never had an ACR survive their class but people in the ACR forum have taken their classes and reported back without hiccups.  Maybe Costa was messing with the Masada which was a little shady.  Either way it says something about their characters when they pushed the ACR and the second they're done with Magpul suddenly it's crap.  They did the same with the buis.  They had a little speech about the benefits of polymer sights at the end of one of their videos and now neither of them support poly sights and say they wouldn't run one.  I really would like to know what went down with them and magpul.  Lol

What did you say to him?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did you say to him?

I had Steve Fisher say the same to me at a match. I told him to show me and he couldn't get it to malfunction while leaning on the mag while firing. Maybe they did an update on the later models both of mine never had an issue.
Sorry for the side track reply.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 5:17:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Designing and manufacturing a new forend is a huge investment in time and money and doesnt happen overnight even if resources have been committed to it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Designing and manufacturing a new forend is a huge investment in time and money and doesnt happen overnight even if resources have been committed to it.

Does that mean what I think it means? What projects (if any) are you looking to produce? With no disrespect but Bill has my money on his handguard but once things pick up for me, I am planning on purchasing a second ACR.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 4:58:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:33:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I had Steve Fisher say the same to me at a match. I told him to show me and he couldn't get it to malfunction while leaning on the mag while firing. Maybe they did an update on the later models both of mine never had an issue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did you say to him?

I have a very early model ACR as my primary match gun and I have a brand new literally ordered from the factory in January ACR.  There haven't been any updates in that regard, the problem just never existed.  From what I can tell Haley made the claim and then others just repeated it.  Honestly I don't thinknow Haleys claim was true either.  Almost every claim about the ACR can be traced back to an assumption made by someone who never experienced the problem but thought it would be possible or never even used the rifle at all.

There was one update in relation to mag issues but it was on Magpuls side.  Early Pmags wouldn't trigger the bolt stop so magpul changed their followers.  If you actually have any of these older Pmags magpul will send you updated followers for free.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:55:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I have a very early model ACR as my primary match gun and I have a brand new literally ordered from the factory in January ACR.  There haven't been any updates in that regard, the problem just never existed.  From what I can tell Haley made the claim and then others just repeated it.  Honestly I don't thinknow Haleys claim was true either.  Almost every claim about the ACR can be traced back to an assumption made by someone who never experienced the problem but thought it would be possible or never even used the rifle at all.

There was one update in relation to mag issues but it was on Magpuls side.  Early Pmags wouldn't trigger the bolt stop so magpul changed their followers.  If you actually have any of these older Pmags magpul will send you updated followers for free.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did you say to him?

I have one of the early production ACRs as well. I knew the discrepancies to be very untrue and the "flaws" became a smear campaign for all the perspective buyers who were sore because they wanted a $1200 dollar ACR. Things were done to intentionally make the rifle look problematic, with "peening" being the largest culprit. Whether users were doing it intentionally or just not well versed with the system, the barrel needed to be torqued on but many assumed that the 6 o'clock was the natural position for the barrel latch. My barrel has always locked in at the 7 o'clock and I've never had issues. Magazine failures are simply absurd and in no way the fault of the rifle.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:51:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I have one of the early production ACRs as well. I knew the discrepancies to be very untrue and the "flaws" became a smear campaign for all the perspective buyers who were sore because they wanted a $1200 dollar ACR. Things were done to intentionally make the rifle look problematic, with "peening" being the largest culprit. Whether users were doing it intentionally or just not well versed with the system, the barrel needed to be torqued on but many assumed that the 6 o'clock was the natural position for the barrel latch. My barrel has always locked in at the 7 o'clock and I've never had issues. Magazine failures are simply absurd and in no way the fault of the rifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did you say to him?

Agreed that's one of the largest complaints I've read and even in a couple cases followed up by "I shouldn't have to make sure it's tightened all the way it should work in the 6 o'clock position" which is just retarded.  Every rifle I've seen without shims has been past 6 o'clock.   And 1200 would be nice but I never understood getting mad because that's not what it ended up as.  It's not like you prepaid and we're asked for more.  To me a lot of this crap reeks of entitlement.  You aren't being ripped off, you're getting what you paid for and a product that's worth what you paid, no one's taking from you or conning you and you aren't being forced into anything.  Things change from concept to production, only an idiot takes issue with that.  The rifle has always been a solid performer, with a number of high end features and improvements over the AR and SCAR.  Its a shame what basically bitches have done to it.  Especially since a large portion have never really used the weapon.  BM could have helped with marketing but really the blame lies in large part with the afformentioned people.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 12:51:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Agreed that's one of the largest complaints I've read and even in a couple cases followed up by "I shouldn't have to make sure it's tightened all the way it should work in the 6 o'clock position" which is just retarded. Every rifle I've seen without shims has been past 6 o'clock. And 1200 would be nice but I never understood getting mad because that's not what it ended up as. It's not like you prepaid and we're asked for more. To me a lot of this crap reeks of entitlement. You aren't being ripped off, you're getting what you paid for and a product that's worth what you paid, no one's taking from you or conning you and you aren't being forced into anything. Things change from concept to production, only an idiot takes issue with that. The rifle has always been a solid performer, with a number of high end features and improvements over the AR and SCAR. Its a shame what basically bitches have done to it. Especially since a large portion have never really used the weapon. BM could have helped with marketing but really the blame lies in large part with the afformentioned people.
View Quote

Remember the rage from everyone when they found out barrels weren't chrome lined? In the end, it wasn't Bushmaster's fault the rifle failed because they tried really hard to promote the rifle. When Freedom Group took over production, it seemed like they gutted the company of its best personnel. They have been responsible for the continued failures of nearly all its sister branches. There was a clear divide from what was solely military sales and what everyone else was going to get. Bushmaster couldn't sell any part that was deemed "military" and included the enhanced features of the Remington model. Unfortunately for us, the industry didn't see an incentive to make parts for a failed rifle, despite its great potential.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 1:04:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Yes.  ACR are fairly common in canada. Reason being its not a restricted firearm ( un restricted usage other than the range like AR)
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 8:32:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Remember the rage from everyone when they found out barrels weren't chrome lined? In the end, it wasn't Bushmaster's fault the rifle failed because they tried really hard to promote the rifle. When Freedom Group took over production, it seemed like they gutted the company of its best personnel. They have been responsible for the continued failures of nearly all its sister branches. There was a clear divide from what was solely military sales and what everyone else was going to get. Bushmaster couldn't sell any part that was deemed "military" and included the enhanced features of the Remington model. Unfortunately for us, the industry didn't see an incentive to make parts for a failed rifle, despite its great potential.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Agreed that's one of the largest complaints I've read and even in a couple cases followed up by "I shouldn't have to make sure it's tightened all the way it should work in the 6 o'clock position" which is just retarded. Every rifle I've seen without shims has been past 6 o'clock. And 1200 would be nice but I never understood getting mad because that's not what it ended up as. It's not like you prepaid and we're asked for more. To me a lot of this crap reeks of entitlement. You aren't being ripped off, you're getting what you paid for and a product that's worth what you paid, no one's taking from you or conning you and you aren't being forced into anything. Things change from concept to production, only an idiot takes issue with that. The rifle has always been a solid performer, with a number of high end features and improvements over the AR and SCAR. Its a shame what basically bitches have done to it. Especially since a large portion have never really used the weapon. BM could have helped with marketing but really the blame lies in large part with the afformentioned people.

The chrome lined complaint has always driven me nuts.  The barrels are melonited and so are the internals.  Every high end barrel now days is treated with melonite.  Chrome lined barrels are most company's bottom tier bargain offering.  Melonite is much more uniform, harder, more durable, slicker and more wear resistant.  Chrome lining is inconsistent and chips.  A chrome lined barrel will be less accurate and won't last as long.  When people started getting pissed about that, it really just told me their lack of knowledge.  That's like being promised a Kia and getting pissed off someone gave you a Lamborghini because you've only driven Kias.  It's retarded.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 6:24:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
We are looking at it.  We haven't made any decisions yet.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does that mean what I think it means? What projects (if any) are you looking to produce? With no disrespect but Bill has my money on his handguard but once things pick up for me, I am planning on purchasing a second ACR.

Sven
Manticore Arms
Any update with this?
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 8:07:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 8:56:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
We have decided not to pursue ACR products at this time.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms
Any update with this?
We have decided not to pursue ACR products at this time.

Sven
Manticore Arms
Well, that sucks.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:39:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Well, that sucks.
View Quote
Yeah but at least RPM Tool is stepping up with multiple length keymod variants. They'll be getting my business this year instead.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:42:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Yeah but at least RPM Tool is stepping up with multiple length M-lok variants. They'll be getting my business this year instead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, that sucks.
Yeah but at least RPM Tool is stepping up with multiple length M-lok variants. They'll be getting my business this year instead.
I have one on order and can't wait to get it. They look awesome and seem to be selling as fast as they can make them. I might grab one of the longer in black for a future ACR. Got the shorter in brown coming.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 8:42:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 9:33:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Are the longer ones much lighter than the longer stock forend?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 9:51:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Not sure on the exact weight. I believe they are both lighter than the factory offerings, but not sure. You can contact them and ask. "rpmtool" on instagram or join the "Bushmaster ACR Owners" group on facebook.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top