Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2016 1:53:43 PM EDT
So I have my factory ACR barrel laying around and a few uppers and I thought... can I use this to make a spare parts upper? My big concern is the gas port size. Would I need to run a piston setup? Seems like it's probably not worth sending out to have the gas port enlarged.

Any thoughts?

Thanks all.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:40:14 PM EDT
[#1]
It will fit an Ar just fine, it just needs the port drilled larger like you said.  Not sure about it working with AR piston setups with little to no modifications, that's outside my realm of gunsmithing
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 11:21:50 PM EDT
[#2]
It would be good for a dedicated suppressed build. Or you could drill it out yourself, can't be that hard if you know what port size you want. You would probably need to make new hole/s for pins or dimple for setscrew gas block.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top