Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2017 6:45:48 PM EDT
Got the stamp, finally, now I need to start building...and my plans are not meeting with reality after everyone stopped producing DIY parts.

Stamp is for a 9mm can, 8.6" length.

I could easily do a D-sized tube, but I'd also like this can to do double-duty on my Beretta if I so desire, so I'm thinking I want a B tube, or at least no bigger than C-size.

Two issues:

- Crosshair Custom has a Ti B-tube, but I can't find anyone that sells DIY baffles for that diameter tube (1.15" ID).  Any body have any help with that? Ideally, what tube and baffles should I use?

- Mounting to an UZI--any suggestions?  I'd love to use the Gemtech multimount Uzi adapter that uses the barrel nut threads, but don't know anything about how to make a Fm 1 can to fit on the end of that.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 10:39:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry I can't help with who has what in stock, you need to buy what you can when available since they sell quickly.  I would skip the B tube and go with a 1.375 tube at a minimum, 1.5 would be better.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 12:22:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I already have a 1.5" in .30, that's a pretty bulky can.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 2:46:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Got the stamp, finally, now I need to start building...and my plans are not meeting with reality after everyone stopped producing DIY parts.

Stamp is for a 9mm can, 8.6" length.

I could easily do a D-sized tube, but I'd also like this can to do double-duty on my Beretta if I so desire, so I'm thinking I want a B tube, or at least no bigger than C-size.

Two issues:

- Crosshair Custom has a Ti B-tube, but I can't find anyone that sells DIY baffles for that diameter tube (1.15" ID).  Any body have any help with that? Ideally, what tube and baffles should I use?

- Mounting to an UZI--any suggestions?  I'd love to use the Gemtech multimount Uzi adapter that uses the barrel nut threads, but don't know anything about how to make a Fm 1 can to fit on the end of that.   Liberty Uzi mount

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
View Quote

You want the 1.375" from DM. When you order, tell him you need the cups also. B tubes are not ideal and heavy. I built one, turned between threads knocked off almost 2oz. Still kinda heavy 14oz with booster. But the volume isn't anywhere near the 1.375". C tube is a no go, period. C is a 22lr sized tube.

ETA: DM tube uses a bushing to adapt to liberty/gemtech thread pattern for their boosters and mounts. You want this to be easy. Not cheap but easy.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 2:51:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool.  Do you know if he does that in titanium, or just steel?    NVM, just went to the website.

The Gemtech/liberty booster, is that compatible with the Gemtech Uzi multimount I mentioned above?  So, I get the 1.375 tube and cups from DM, the Gemtech Uzi multimount adapter, his Gemtech/Liberty Booster Adapter, and an end cap to be named later, and I should be good to go, right?

Plus, I've emailed him four times in the last couple of months with questions, with no response.  I've read he's swamped, but it's hard to order stuff from him when he doesn't reply at all.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 2:54:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cool.  Do you know if he does that in titanium, or just steel?  

Plus, I've emailed him four times in the last couple of months with questions, with no response.  I've read he's swamped, but it's hard to order stuff from him when he doesn't reply at all.
View Quote
Liberty Uzi mount

Just watch the site, may have to order a la cart to get what you need. He's swamped. Just order the parts and in the comments section of your order tell him you need cups. Also might be able to contact him via the Form 1 board website.

ETA: he will do all Ti no issue.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 3:02:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Even better!  Not the adapter I was looking at but I like it more--and cheaper, too.  Thanks for the info...looks like I now have to talk to the Chief Financial Officer and requisition funds.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 9:26:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Get a spare barrel nut, and weld a steel end cap for the back of the tube to it... but for an Uzi, I'd go with a D tube.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 12:48:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I sent you a PM, OP.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 9:30:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I was impressed with this Uzi suppressor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top