Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2017 3:11:01 PM EDT
3 lug (rugged, dead air, Griffin)
1.375"
5"
17-4 blast baffle
Aluminum or Ti follow-on baffles
.224 end cap

Easy on/off, decent volume but still light and short compared to something like a Spectre II
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 9:40:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 8:31:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree i'd go 1.5" and do first two 17-4 followed by ti or 7075 alu. if your machining your own baffles i'd do a ultra 7 style baffle ie. 1" cone to the 1.375" ish id of the suppress. it will allow for another cone or two and still offer good suppression. clipped obviously. similar to a VSR.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 6:49:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll resurrect this thread.

So I just bought a PS90. I'd love to SBR it; however the 9month wait on a stamp is less than appealing. I already have a SpectreII so I could use that if I did do an SBR. However, has anyone tried to build a reflex suppressor (almost like a barrel shroud in this case)? It would obviously still require a stamp; but no rebarrel and you would retain the additional muzzle velocity of the original PS90 barrel. It would be an interesting idea I think but more of a six of one half dozen of the other in terms of wait times regarding stamps and effort. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 6:59:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I can't add anything expect that I think stamps are running 5ish month
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 10:34:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#6]
If the can was mounted to the shroud it shouldn't be an inordinate amount of work. The flash suppressor area could act as an expansion chamber and there could be a baffle system going back towards the rear of the can. I've never built a can but that's how I see it in my head any ways. There seems to be enough areas on the shroud to index a can for repeat mounting.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 2:13:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 12:22:48 PM EDT
[#8]
With the right cones and clipping no indexing would be required since there would be no poi shift.

You can learn the best methods to build a can in the tutorial at.

Https://form1suppressors.com/
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You're going to have to remove the shroud to get to the threads. So it won't be there to mount the can to.

I know you just bought it, but do you truly understand how it's assembled? (I didn't when I got mine...but figured it out when I chopped the barrel)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the can was mounted to the shroud it shouldn't be an inordinate amount of work. The flash suppressor area could act as an expansion chamber and there could be a baffle system going back towards the rear of the can. I've never built a can but that's how I see it in my head any ways. There seems to be enough areas on the shroud to index a can for repeat mounting.
You're going to have to remove the shroud to get to the threads. So it won't be there to mount the can to.

I know you just bought it, but do you truly understand how it's assembled? (I didn't when I got mine...but figured it out when I chopped the barrel)
I absolutely do understand how it's built. But this design would be something that wouldn't require threading and it would index on the shroud. Albeit, I've never built a can. So a skilled machinist may have their hands full. But I'm quite sure I could draw it up to start the working model at least...
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 3:09:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:46:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Definitely interested in seeing your thoughts get put down on paper.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I absolutely do understand how it's built. But this design would be something that wouldn't require threading and it would index on the shroud. Albeit, I've never built a can. So a skilled machinist may have their hands full. But I'm quite sure I could draw it up to start the working model at least...
Definitely interested in seeing your thoughts get put down on paper.
I'll sketch something up, not on Microsoft paint though... Mindful that I'm not an engineer nor a machinist... But hey a blind squirrel still gets a nut once in awhile.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top