Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2017 1:04:16 AM EDT
Hey all- I'm new around here, but was hoping I could get some advice.  I have a DM 22lr Ti tube with the Griffin Armament adapter(instead of the direct thread option).  I bought a Griffin Checkmate QD upgrade kit, thinking it would work with the DM adapter, but I'm having issues with it.  The threaded piece that came with the Checkmate QD upgrade kit will only thread into the DM adapter for about 1.5 turns.  I can get a couple more turns in using the wrench that came with the Checkmate QD upgrade kit, but I didn't want to put too much pressure on it+risk damaging the threads.  I'm not sure if this is an issue of different thread pitches, a manufacturing defect on one of the pieces, or user error.  I included 1 pic to show the different pieces I'm working with, and another pic that just has the 2 parts with threading that won't go together.  Thank you-

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv185/WW3Leatherface/phone%201405_zpssqrmoojo.jpg

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv185/WW3Leatherface/phone%201406_zpswyn2imso.jpg
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:13:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried contacting DM, the maker of the adapter?
From what everyone says (about Chris), it sounds like this would be something he'd be apt to rectify.
You might have to send him the pieces, but it would get sorted-out the proper way.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 1:37:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I remember reading something about Griffin changing the specifications on the checkmate.  But do not remember the exact details.  I know DM was aware of the issue and fixing it.  Contact him and he will get you sorted out I'm sure.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 3:58:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Contact Chris and tell him what is going on.  There was another thread on the form 1 forum about people running into the same issues.  I bought the checkmate kit and adaptor a few months ago and mine worked fine, guess it depends on when the components were made.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 10:16:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies.  I can't believe it's been 2 weeks since I put up the original post...it feels like I just posted it a few days ago b/c I've been so busy.  Anyhow, about 3 months ago I used the contact form on his website and wrote him a short but detailed description of what was going on, but I didn't get a response....so I waited a week+tried again.  I figured there may have been an error with his website's mail system.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a response from the 2nd mail either.  Then, I found a thread that talked about how busy he was, so I figured that was it...and that I should just wait+hope that he had more time to deal with emails in the future.  Well, 3rd times a charm, and it's been a few months, so hopefully the mail system is working and he's not as busy nowadays.  Thanks again for all your replies-
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 10:32:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Dang...he's definitely had some website upgrades done since 3 months ago.  I just sent a mail to him using the contact form, and I got an email within 5 seconds saying that I will be contacted within 24 hours.  Pretty sweet-
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 6:17:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Update:  I sent the threaded GA part+the DM qd adapter to DM.  He must've worked on them the same day he got them in the mail, b/c I got them back right away.  Idk how the re-threading was possible, but it's amazing how the parts fit together now.  I put the 2 joined parts on my kitchen counter+just stared at them for a good 10 minutes.  If there were no thieves in the world, I'd put all the parts on display in my house b/c they look so good.  I just wanted to let everyone know how quick it was fixed+how nice the work is.  Thank you again for the advice+ty DM!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top