Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2017 4:08:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 4:13:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 4:19:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 5:22:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Order the 7.6" tube from crosshair customs. Make sure you also get the d size titanium spacer tube..

You could also order your thread adapter and endcap there. But I'd recommend an HFC endcap and taper adapter from super precision concepts, very impressed with mine. Also get the draco wrench for easier disassembly.

Once you get your tube in hand, measure the inner diameter. SDTac and Crosshair tubes can very quite a bit, so you need to measure yourself. Use a set of calipers, do not skip this step.

Once you know your ID, order your desired cones, 7 or 8 of them, from zmachineworx.

hope this helps!
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:07:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Talk to Chris at DM.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 5:49:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Close, but I was shooting for 8"OAL with the end caps on.

Is this possible without it being a custom job?

Looks like damn near everything is gone from Amazon too.
View Quote
Why does it have to be exactly 8"? If you are concerned about your form 1, you can always send a letter/fax/email to the NFA branch to tell the the actual constructed length is X"?
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 12:35:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Close, but I was shooting for 8"OAL with the end caps on.

Is this possible without it being a custom job?

Looks like damn near everything is gone from Amazon too.
View Quote
Email your needs to Apogee.
They do custom lengths for you.
You will not wait long for it either as you would with DM.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 6:31:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Why does it have to be exactly 8"? If you are concerned about your form 1, you can always send a letter/fax/email to the NFA branch to tell the the actual constructed length is X"?
View Quote
I was wondering about something like this.  I have a 8" form 1 9mm can planned.  The Form 1 specified 8" which I am beginning to think is a tad long for a 9mm.  If I bought a 5.6" tube and it turned out to be 6" overall, am I good or would I have to call and make changes to the form 1?
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 9:19:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 9:26:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

From my understanding, you can make them shorter just not longer.
View Quote
That's what I thought too.  Wanted clarification and confirmation. 
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:35:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:From my understanding, you can make them shorter just not longer.
View Quote
Myth. This stems from the "repair" portion of ATF's ruling. The device is already built and you need to repair it, you can make it shorter, but not longer.

For items you're making, you're allowed to deviate from the original description so long as you properly notify the ATF.

I've done both as well as changed calibers and simply mailed, faxed, and/or emailed a letter w/ a copy of the approved 5320.1.

This is why people going all length crazy, before submitting, is pointless.
Read the last page of your Form1.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 9:13:51 AM EDT
[#12]
They have been correcting the length even via the chat system on the website.  Just update your form, instead of taking the chance.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 12:00:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:45:10 PM EDT
[#14]
That's a very helpful clarification.  Thanks.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top