Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2017 8:51:13 AM EDT
2024 Tube.  1.5x1.375.  Really cheap.  Really, really light.  Really fast (I think he runs AL parts separately and there is not as much demand asthis was under 2 weeks).  Pictured on a 5.5" BA barrel, reflex profiled for this barrel.

Link Posted: 3/31/2017 1:03:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Nicely done! looks wonderful and should do it's job nicely.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:47:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks nice.  What did you use for your baffles?

Also, with the AL kits such as that, it specifies that it comes with the recoil booster adapter for the back end.  But it doesn't specify which booster.  I'm looking to go with either the Gemtech Multimount or Liberty Mystic boosters, as I've read that they both had the capability to fit my pistol and adapt to the 3 lug on my HK clone.

Anyone familar with the DM AL tubes?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:18:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks nice.  What did you use for your baffles?

Also, with the AL kits such as that, it specifies that it comes with the recoil booster adapter for the back end.  But it doesn't specify which booster.  I'm looking to go with either the Gemtech Multimount or Liberty Mystic boosters, as I've read that they both had the capability to fit my pistol and adapt to the 3 lug on my HK clone.

Anyone familar with the DM AL tubes?
View Quote
The recoil booster adapter would work with Gemtech, Liberty, and new SDTA boosters.   I'm probably using valve retainers but haven't progressed on that part of the build.  ID is 1.375 so lots of options.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 1:33:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:   I'm probably using valve retainers
View Quote
Have you thought of using Al radials, maybe SS or Ti for primary??
Keep it a real light build
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 3:14:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Have you thought of using Al radials, maybe SS or Ti for primary??
Keep it a real light build
View Quote
Venom has Al radials on their close at list, but the Ti retainers are cheap also and light, shape is pretty ideal.  Already had spacer pipe from my 5.56 build to use.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:27:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Got some VSRs and spacers cut from Rusty's Services.  Paint job to match the host gun and we are ready for test later this week.

imghost
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 2:30:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Working on uploading video.  Performance is there at a shorter than commercial OVL.

Link Posted: 8/26/2017 9:36:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks good! Curious how is sounds. What ammo are you using and is it hearing safe? Any issues with direct thread adapter unscrewing itself from the barrel?

Any idea if you can specify what you want the tube threaded or are they all 24Tpi?

Looked at DM's site and didn't see a pcc kit in stock, I'm assuming you put in a custom order?  I've been checking, waiting for aluminum parts to become in stock but seems they never do.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:53:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 9:11:31 AM EDT
[#10]
https://youtu.be/IF0-Mwnn4LI
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 9:14:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
how long is the reflex adapter?
View Quote
It's setback 2.5" from the shoulder.  That is as far as you can go from a 5.5" barrel.  I think this is pretty much ideal setup.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 9:15:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Looks good! Curious how is sounds. What ammo are you using and is it hearing safe? Any issues with direct thread adapter unscrewing itself from the barrel?

Any idea if you can specify what you want the tube threaded or are they all 24Tpi?

Looked at DM's site and didn't see a pcc kit in stock, I'm assuming you put in a custom order?  I've been checking, waiting for aluminum parts to become in stock but seems they never do.
View Quote
He turns out the custom parts quick.  I think you can put in a custom order for these, I was only a around a week wait at the time.  I think the list price is ~$110.  The VSRs I found for $8 at the time.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 5:54:22 PM EDT
[#13]
How easy has it been for you to contact him? I had something done by him a while ago. Medical related problems came up and he said he would hold on to it for me and now i cant seem to get in contact with him any more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top