User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2017 12:50:11 PM EDT
https://m.facebook.com/SolventTrapsEtc/

This is bull$hit
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:40:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:54:20 PM EDT
[#2]
IIRC, Preppers Discount was raided but then they went back to selling.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:56:25 PM EDT
[#3]
wow, he's facing criminal charges? Absurd! With SDTactical, they were told to cease and desist or they would be charged. This is different.

The ATF needs to be shut down permanently.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 2:14:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
From his FB page:

Hey Everyone,
Just to let everyone know, we have been shut down by the ATF.
They came in and seized everything while I was on a hunting trip, not just from my shop, but they even came and searched my house and took my personal computer.
I am facing criminal charges even though I had a letter from the ATF stating that Solvent Traps were legal to purchase, own, sell, etc.
Anyone that had placed an order with us will get a refund when I get my computer back and have access to the relevant accounts.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 2:53:40 PM EDT
[#5]
kinda saw it coming

curious about the charges tho...might not be what we think
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 3:44:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
kinda saw it coming

curious about the charges tho...might not be what we think
View Quote
Without knowing what the charges are all people are doing are jumping to conclusions. 
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:37:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I am betting more to it (maybe an employee or the owner was selling finished kits on the side?, they probed him asking questions and got an answer they didn't like? If the ATF really did change position 100% on solvent traps... 1. you would see all companies notified, 2. they would put out a new "position or open letter" letting the industry know their new postion.

Buuut I have also been wrong before and the ATF is unpredictable so who knows.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:48:52 AM EDT
[#8]
The ATF has been on a rampage so to speak making the lives miserable for a number of businesses that have already gotten opinion letters from them stating they were GTG. Add to the list the recent reclassification of suppressor wipes as silencer parts and I think you have some 0bunghole appointees running open loop and fucking up as much as they can before Trump gets around to cleaning house.

Not that the ATF has ever been the bastion of morality or a staunch protector of our constitutional rights but now that Trump has been elected they seem to be extra douchey.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:59:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 2:35:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No way! 
View Quote
Way!
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:06:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:47:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Who thought making suppressor mounts that use oil filters and calling them "solvent traps" wasn't a fool proof plan?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Who thought making suppressor mounts that use oil filters and calling them "solvent traps" wasn't a fool proof plan?
Maybe someone that the ATF wrote a letter to and said it was OK?

Just spitballing here.

I am facing criminal charges even though I had a letter from the ATF stating that Solvent Traps were legal to purchase, own, sell, etc.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:54:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
How about they are either suppressors, by law, or they're not?

They weren't selling functional suppressors. The end user had to modify them to make them into a suppressor, from a solvent trap.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 9:13:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The ATF has been on a rampage so to speak making the lives miserable for a number of businesses that have already gotten opinion letters from them stating they were GTG. Add to the list the recent reclassification of suppressor wipes as silencer parts and I think you have some 0bunghole appointees running open loop and fucking up as much as they can before Trump gets around to cleaning house.

Not that the ATF has ever been the bastion of morality or a staunch protector of our constitutional rights but now that Trump has been elected they seem to be extra douchey.
View Quote
Typically, companies and manufacturers don't get opinion letters; they get determination/classification letters, as to the ATF's position on their product. These do hold the weight of law, which is why Sig had to go to court over the Sig Brace; so the ATF could overturn the previously issued letter. After the ruling, the ATF issued an open letter, where they clarified their classification of stabilizing braces.

Dead Air received an "informal notification" from the BATFE FTB, in regard to their wipes, the week of Mar13. There have been no rulings in 2017 and only 1 open letter issued (it dealt with carry permits in South Dakota). Since the ATF has not filed, listed, or issued any such documents, wipes have not been officially reclassified. Dead Air took it upon themselves not to push the issue, specifically so that the ATF isn't forced to issue such documents which would impact everyone.

As yet, we don't know the whole story behind Solventtrap.net so everything is speculation. Something shady might have been going on behind closed doors or there may have been a misunderstanding on the ATF's end of things.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top