Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2017 12:23:12 PM EDT
I just ordered this booster to complete one of my Form 1 silencers:

https://www.silencershop.com/liberty-booster.html

It seems there are various pistons available, but I cannot find a spacer to replace the spring in order to convert the booster for use with a fixed barrel.

Does anyone who has this booster also have a fixed barrel spacer? If so, did you buy it or make it? What are the dimensions on it? I could probably figure this out once I get the booster in-hand, but it would be nice if I could either order a spacer or get the material to make one before it shows up.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 3:26:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm confused as to why you'd get a spacer when you can buy a thread adapter for your tube, OR a low profile 1/2x28 adapter from liberty.

what tube do you have?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 4:43:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never seen it sold anywhere else, but I got it here:  http://www.capitolarmory.com/liberty-lockout-bushing.html

Works great.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:24:43 AM EDT
[#3]
If you have a lathe then just wait until you get your parts to make one.  This is a really easy part to make if you have the tools.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:19:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm confused as to why you'd get a spacer when you can buy a thread adapter for your tube, OR a low profile 1/2x28 adapter from liberty.

what tube do you have?
View Quote
Hopefully this makes sense: My tube is an SDTA 1.5 Titanium tube. I have ordered an adapter from Ronin Pro to go in the SDTA tube, into which the booster will thread. This adapter will stay in the tube basically permanently and if I need to change pistons, or insert the spacer I'll just take the booster out.

If I use multiple thread adapters (rear end caps) I would need a specifically sized spacer for each one to go between whatever is at the back end of the silencer and the baffles. The way I'm planning to do it, I only have one spacer between the RP booster adapter and the baffles and I can just change pistons/spacers by unscrewing the booster.

Also I think I got an older style Liberty booster which appears shorter than the newer version. I'm trying to keep the OAL down. The Liberty fixed barrel adapter appears to be pretty long and is a lot more expensive than a spacer.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:21:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've never seen it sold anywhere else, but I got it here:  http://www.capitolarmory.com/liberty-lockout-bushing.html

Works great.
View Quote
That's exactly what I was looking for! I don't have a lathe, but even so I'm sure I can make one. Usually I'm pretty DIY, but in this case I just feel lazy and would just like to buy the thing.

Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:55:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Just in case anyone was wondering, I just received the Ronin Pro booster adapter and it fits the SDTA 1.5" tube perfectly.

There's about a .06 difference between the tube OD and the adapter OD (tube is smaller) but that doesn't bother me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top