Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2017 7:51:02 PM EDT
I'm building a can with multiple interchaneable thread adaptors and want them to stay on the suppressor not the muzzle but still be able to easily remove them for interchanging how do you guys achieve this?

Also what do you think about red locktiting the end cap once I have everything set up the way I want it?
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 7:58:27 PM EDT
[#1]
After it gets a little carbon on it from shooting it will help it stay together better, just periodically check the can to see if components are coming loose. I would no use locktite.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:00:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Rockset is amazing stuff.  I used it on my cap that would loosen when heated up after a few rounds.  I could not break it loose with a wrench.  Soaked in water overnight and came off effortlessly.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:06:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I used pipe thread tape( or whatever its called ) seems to work decently for me anyways but do have to change it out after awhile of shooting. Yrmv..
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 12:24:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I took my whole can down to a bearing and seals place. They found me o-rings that do the job great. I wish I knew the sizes but I'm sure they can get you taken care of.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 12:34:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Same way I keep thread protectors on barrels, rubber o-rings OR a single drop of blue Loc-tite in one spot.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 12:43:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I used pipe thread tape( or whatever its called ) seems to work decently for me anyways but do have to change it out after awhile of shooting. Yrmv..
View Quote
Teflon tape is an interesting idea. I have a sun shade that likes to loosen on a scope that might be a good fix. I've been hesitant to use loctite even the purple stuff

Sorry back on topic 
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:05:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 6:58:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Rockset.  You should be using it on your muzzle devices anyway ;)
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 11:16:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:28:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I wish I could get my caps off.  Most of my aluminum end caps are stuck and will not budge.  :)

Randy
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 10:13:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Rockset, you typically don't have to re-apply it unless you are cleaning the threads.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top