Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2017 12:27:55 PM EDT
I have a 5.6 Ti tube, gemtech adapter, gemtech LID, and a Ti end cap. 13 formed freeze plugs as baffles and a brand new gemtech threaded barrel.

It appears to be that the slide isn't going far enough to the rear to fully eject the casing and pick up the next round.

Is this a case of the can being too heavy, or of the ammo not being hot enough? They are reloads. I'm going to try and shoot standard 115gr ammo out of it tomorrow and see what it does but I figured I'd see if anyone here had some insight

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 6:38:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I built one off the ti tube and end cap with with gem tech LID, it's right around 9 inches. It's got a 17-4 first k baffle and the rest of the k baffles are 7075.

I had short stroking to start and I think it had to do with the barrel and lid being new. I just kept shooting it till it broke in and now it runs great with 115 reload all the way up to factory 147gr.

Try lubing the heck out of the LID and barrel at first and see if that helps. I put a new barrel in my glock 17 and it would not run unless I put allot of lube on it till it broke in. If you're freeze plugs are stainless, it could be a bit heavy for the gemtech LID which is common or known to not work well with heavy suppressors.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 7:59:58 PM EDT
[#2]
My 9mm form 1 is right at 12.5oz including the gemtech booster. It ran a little sluggish until I upped the powder charge a tad.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 8:45:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Might be too heavy, probably not broken in yet. Try factory 124 gr before you do anything else, also clean and lube lid beforehand.

ETA: the heavier the bullet the more recoil which will aid in cycling with lid.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:17:49 PM EDT
[#4]
As above. Also I would use something other than gun oil on the piston and spring and housing. I use lithium grease, you want something that isn't going to dry out with direct blast and keep moving when dirty. Synthetic motor oil works OK in a pinch.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 6:31:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I ran about 60 rounds through it without the suppressor on, and then put it back on and it started working better. I guess with the barrel being new it just needed to break in a bit.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I ran about 60 rounds through it without the suppressor on, and then put it back on and it started working better. I guess with the barrel being new it just needed to break in a bit.
View Quote

If after a few hundred rounds you are still getting the occasional malfunction, you can order a slightly lighter recoil spring for your g19. It's what I had to do for my mystic-X. Going from a 16lb spring to 13lb in my g17gen3 resulted in very reliable function from even the weakest 147gr ammo out there. Highly recommend, especially if this is gonna be a nightstand gun, reliability is important.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 2:01:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If after a few hundred rounds you are still getting the occasional malfunction, you can order a slightly lighter recoil spring for your g19. It's what I had to do for my mystic-X. Going from a 16lb spring to 13lb in my g17gen3 resulted in very reliable function from even the weakest 147gr ammo out there. Highly recommend, especially if this is gonna be a nightstand gun, reliability is important.
View Quote

I will keep that in mind, I'm hoping that once I get a few hundred rounds through it everything will break in nice. I put another 90 rounds through it the other day and only had one malfunction, and that was the very first shot.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 12:31:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I was having the exact same problem with my 19 and 17. I took the LID apart cleaned it up really well, took some steel wool to the contract parts, lubed it. Seems to be running very very well now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top