Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2017 9:53:43 AM EDT
How many of you guys have been having problems getting responses from DM? I have been trying to get a hold of them for the last three months via phone, email and off the web site with no luck. I imagine the guy is busy as ever but in the past he would respond with in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 9:57:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Chris has been sick the last couple of weeks. Before that, he was pretty responsive to my messages.

He posted on the F1 forum a couple days ago that's he's working to get caught up.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 4:51:20 PM EDT
[#2]
well I hope he is all right. I haven't heard from him since December.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:36:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got a text from him on Monday.  He has had the flu for a bit....but he is getting back on track.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 5:43:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I emailed him with a couple questions about a month ago and just received a response the other day.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 10:40:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been trying for several weeks to get information. Hopefully he responds soon.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 10:51:30 AM EDT
[#6]
How are any of you guys getting a hold of Chris?  I haven't been able to get him to respond to any of my emails.  I have 4 of 5 Form 1's back and decided it was time to order all the traps but I'll be damned if I can get a hold of him.  Anyone want to IM me his phone number?
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 1:14:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I just got a response from Chris. He must be catching up or has read this thread.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 12:30:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I send him a message a week ago asking about 20 tpi asr adapters and have not heard back
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 7:39:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Just got a phone call from Chris. He said he is working very hard at getting caught up!
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 8:49:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I just hear back from him a few days ago that he shipped my parts! Now if I can just get my tax stamp back I'll be all set.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 10:59:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I've never gotten a reply from him on email so I am guessing it must be an issue with his yahoo email and spam filters. I've found that PMing him on the form1 boards is the best way to get a hold of him. His username over there is "dm".
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 1:46:03 PM EDT
[#12]
When I initially contacted him on 1/12 he was super responsive and said 3 weeks to have my kit built. Told me he would get the ball rolling on it then..

Reached out to him on 1/26 to see if he was still on track for getting it built in 3 weeks. No response.

Sent him another follow up e-mail yesterday 3/16 to see if he was still planning on building it. No response.

I know the dude is busy, but not following up on e-mails is kind of annoying.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 1:48:58 PM EDT
[#13]
I emailed him last Thursday, 3/9, and still waiting on a response after receiving no spacers with my cones. Guy makes an amazing product but comms suck
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 2:28:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
................Guy makes an amazing product but comms suck
View Quote
Yeah, I'm trying to be patient. Ordered in stock internals via email mid January from him. I lost all contact with him on those emails, I posted on his board, and PM's on his board have gone unanswered.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 1:26:25 PM EDT
[#15]
not gonna lie I'm getting a tad frustrated. Pretty much anything non-dm 20tpi is OOS, and has been for months.

If this is a one-man operation, he really needs to hire some help. I'd love some YHM adapters, or radial endcaps.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 6:27:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
not gonna lie I'm getting a tad frustrated. Pretty much anything non-dm 20tpi is OOS, and has been for months.

If this is a one-man operation, he really needs to hire some help. I'd love some YHM adapters, or radial endcaps.
View Quote
I think there is just less priority for him on 20tpi because his stuff is all 24. SPC is doing good at offering 20 tpi products, so you should take a look over there.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 10:59:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I think there is just less priority for him on 20tpi because his stuff is all 24. SPC is doing good at offering 20 tpi products, so you should take a look over there.
View Quote
What company is SPC?
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:39:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What company is SPC?
View Quote
https://superprecisionconcepts.com

He makes some really nice stuff and customer service is awesome. I have a PRO and it is a very nice piece of work.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:01:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

He makes some really nice stuff and customer service is awesome. I have a PRO and it is a very nice piece of work.
View Quote
done deal, ordered a sandblasted HFC Pro, a taper mount, and a draco wrench.  I contacted him with some questions, he was very responsive and emailed me back in an hour. He told me all titanium endcaps are a 1-2 week backorder as he is waiting on materials.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 2:22:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
done deal, ordered a sandblasted HFC Pro, a taper mount, and a draco wrench.  I contacted him with some questions, he was very responsive and emailed me back in an hour. He told me all titanium endcaps are a 1-2 week backorder as he is waiting on materials.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

His stuff is great
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:14:16 PM EDT
[#21]
DM came through to me via PM on his forum finally. Again, perfectly machined parts.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Just got my form 1 and I'm done waiting for DM.

Is SPC a solid alternative?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:44:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Just got my form 1 and I'm done waiting for DM.

Is SPC a solid alternative?
View Quote
SPC makes great stuff and has good customer service, but he does not have tubes at the moment. He is trying to find a good quality supplier for them.

DM will have tubes in stock often, but endcaps seem to always be out of stock. Depending on what you want to do, if you get the tube from DM and the endcaps from SPC, you will have a very nice looking can.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:10:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

SPC makes great stuff and has good customer service, but he does not have tubes at the moment. He is trying to find a good quality supplier for them.

DM will have tubes in stock often, but endcaps seem to always be out of stock. Depending on what you want to do, if you get the tube from DM and the endcaps from SPC, you will have a very nice looking can.
View Quote
Chris from DM emailed me today and my kit was ready. 

Paid and already have a USPS tracking number.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 4:35:44 PM EDT
[#25]
I had a package get shipped, then returned... Arrrgh.  I'm trying to get ahold of him to see if he can re-send my package.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 3:44:43 AM EDT
[#26]
My package showed up... it's the USPS that screwed this up, FWIW.  Their on line tracking has no actual relationship to where the package is.  Woot.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 6:40:48 PM EDT
[#27]
My kit just came in, very impressed by the quality.

It was worth the wait.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 1:10:34 AM EDT
[#28]
that's good to hear...I've got 3 on the way!
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:13:59 AM EDT
[#29]
I messaged via his website and got an automated response but nothing else. Is he still in business?
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:34:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Yeah, as always he's just crazy busy. I asked the same question on the F1 forum and multiple people there have had comm with him in the last week. Gotta be patient for the best...
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 6:22:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
No cones?
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 3:36:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
No cones?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No cones?
No. He only does endcaps. I actually prefer many of his endcaps over DM. DM endcaps are still very high quality but SPC caps look very nice and can be up to an ounce or more lighter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top