Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2017 10:43:23 AM EDT
Since sdta doesn't have the can I filed on the F1 now where can I get a longer tube cut and rethreaded to the filed size??   (5.6"D)  I've looked in state and tried searching online and have had no luck.. so now I turn to yall for help
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 11:42:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Apogee has 6" titanium d tubes for $50ish in stock. Under that may be hard, you could contact DM and have him make a custom one. I would do the apogee 6" and notify batfe of the change.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 11:44:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Apogeeproducts.com

I have read previously of them doing custom lengths upon request (additional cost)
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:14:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Great thanks
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:44:15 PM EDT
[#4]
300blk and Indrid both have good ideas.
You can have Apogee cut a smaller length, and pay a possible fee, or get the longer tube and simply send a letter to the ATF.
You don't need to wait for a response, just send it certified and call it good. Just staple a copy of the letter to your Form1, for continuity.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:57:38 PM EDT
[#5]
It's not approved yet. (6/30/16 still pending research)  so send an email through ask an expert? Or would just a call be better?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:47:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's not approved yet. (6/30/16 still pending research)  so send an email through ask an expert? Or would just a call be better?
View Quote

You can just waitfor the form to come back Approved. Then, write a letter, as per the "Important Information for Currently Registered Firearms" section of Form 5320.1, which reads, "Change of Description or Address: The registrant shall notify the NFA Branch, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV 25405, in writing, of any change to the description of the firearm in Item 4, or any change to the address of the registrant."
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:01:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok will do.  

Thanks all
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top