Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 6/14/2016 6:17:45 PM EDT
Still waiting on a Dec order, shipped adapter a while back but no tube yet. Was told tube and end cap was done on April 20 and still needed to make adapter, reminded him that the adapter was shipped in Feb. and no more responses out of him

ETA: Things did finally get squared up and will be purchasing more from Chris
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 6:19:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the club.  I'm waiting on a Jan order and a friend is waiting on a Dec order.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#2]
So . . . . . . .

All the stuff is out of stock on his website with no provision to order so based on my memory;

you just email him with want you want and wait wait wait wait wait and hope he calls?

You then give him your CC info??

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 7:14:29 PM EDT
[#3]
have never been to website all past orders were by e/m and close to his guess on shipping , at this point were a little past the 10  weeks was quoted at Christmas, always have paid by p/p when order was done
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:17:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I placed three orders over the course of two days during the first week of Dec. Two were prepaid orders and one was a custom.
Obviously I had my receipt from the prepaid, and he acknowledged my custom order within a day. Late March he emailed me seeking
clarification about something from my prepaid order and said all orders would be completed soon. I responded with answers and then
followed up with a desire to modify one item from my prepaid and to add another small custom item, but I acknowledged that I knew that
he was busy and may not be able to do it. I made the assumption that he got the email as he never responded.

Fast forward to two weeks ago and my prepaid orders showed up out of the blue, but it was missing two items, and the requested modification
to one item was not made, and the add on item was not included. Neither of these was billed. There was no email or correspondence in the
box conveying when the two prepaid items would arrive, and no word on the status of my custom order.

I gave him two weeks hoping to hear something, but nothing. So I reached out to him yesterday laying out my situation and asking if he can tell me
if my custom will be completed within the next few weeks, and how long before I would receive my other two prepaid items as I was just a few weeks
away from the deadline to contest anything with PayPal if things went sideways. Still nothing as of this moment.

Rock and hard place for me, do I cancel the custom in the hopes that I can get it from another vendor sooner or stick it out. Hell had I known I would be
sitting 27 weeks later without the items I would have ordered from another vendor.
I am a patient guy, but it is the lack of any communication that irks me.

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 11:37:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm waiting on 2 orders from February myself, I did receive a .22 kit in April that was ordered in Jan.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 12:19:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I think the issue with him is that almost every order is a custom 1 off. That causes him to be so far under water that he could never possibly recover from. I wish he would just offer a set product line so that he could make a large production runs and could easily fulfil orders.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 4:13:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think the issue with him is that almost every order is a custom 1 off. That causes him to be so far under water that he could never possibly recover from. I wish he would just offer a set product line so that he could make a large production runs and could easily fulfil orders.
View Quote

Kind of what he is starting to do. Closed orders for new products until inventory is back up and in stock so he can finish backorders.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:31:16 AM EDT
[#8]
It is not an excuse by any measure but just to give a fuller picture:

Chris is aware of the inconvenience of delays and is doing the best he can.  He doesn't have the capacity to check order statuses and reply to emails and keep up with that communication and make parts at the same time.  He is trying to focus on production of parts because the huge amount of back-orders to resolve.  He typically does catch notes on orders, and changes by email, but it won't be 100%

I kind of threw him into this without warning, when my initial builds were done I think he only expected a handful of orders.  The day after I posted my 1.625" Reflex builds he called me asking what I did because he had 300-400 emails that day.

He had a shop expansion (to get room for CNC) and bought CNC equipment this year and the process has taken a long time, its resulted in increased delays but should benefit him going forward .  There is shortage of Ti on the market now, tubing that used to be in stock takes up to 3 months to get now.  He had lost a couple of employees because of various reasons, other jobs, being overworked, and at least one not being comfortable with the nature of the parts being made.  The ordering was originally setup so the parts were to be made and he would bill after they are made for you.  A customer setup the website for him, and there was no other way than to bill at order time.  This is obviously a problem as you really should not be billed until a part is ready to ship.  To resolve it was made so that in stock products only would be listed for sale.  If you bought something instock, if it was a tube or ends it should ship out right away, if a a spacer they are made in batches every 2 weeks.  If this did not apply to you that means the stock on the website was wrong when you ordered and it will have to be made.  Most of the friends I have locally have had Nov and Dec orders filled.  Things are made in batches now, so orders will be faster going out overall, but would there be be some variance depending on what you order.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 11:03:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Chris is aware of the inconvenience of delays and is doing the best he can.  He doesn't have the capacity to check order statuses and reply to emails and keep up with that communication and make parts at the same time.  He is trying to focus on production of parts because the huge amount of back-orders to resolve.  He typically does catch notes on orders, and changes by email, but it won't be 100%

I kind of threw him into this without warning, when my initial builds were done I think he only expected a handful of orders.  The day after I posted my 1.625" Reflex builds he called me asking what I did because he had 300-400 emails that day.

He had a shop expansion (to get room for CNC) and bought CNC equipment this year and the process has taken a long time, its resulted in increased delays but should benefit him going forward .  There is shortage of Ti on the market now, tubing that used to be in stock takes up to 3 months to get now.  He had lost a couple of employees because of various reasons, other jobs, being overworked, and at least one not being comfortable with the nature of the parts being made.  The ordering was originally setup so the parts were to be made and he would bill after they are made for you.  A customer setup the website for him, and there was no other way than to bill at order time.  This is obviously a problem as you really should not be billed until a part is ready to ship.  To resolve it was made so that in stock products only would be listed for sale.  If you bought something instock, if it was a tube or ends it should ship out right away, if a a spacer they are made in batches every 2 weeks.  If this did not apply to you that means the stock on the website was wrong when you ordered and it will have to be made.  Most of the friends I have locally have had Nov and Dec orders filled.  Things are made in batches now, so orders will be faster going out overall, but would there be be some variance depending on what you order.
View Quote

Good information to know, thanks!
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 11:59:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

Typical victim of his own success in the custom gun parts world...  Possibly started as a hobby, word started getting out about the quality/price of his work, business expanded faster than he could reasonably adapt to, and he's still catching up, despite his best efforts to mitigate the impact on his clients.

Is it just me, or have silencers/suppressors suddenly gone a LOT more mainstream in the past five years?  I'm even seeing suppressors and/or mounting hardware showing up on Brownells and MidwayUSA now...

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 1:55:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Is it just me, or have silencers/suppressors suddenly gone a LOT more mainstream in the past five years?  I'm even seeing suppressors and/or mounting hardware showing up on Brownells and MidwayUSA now...

View Quote

Not sure I would say mainstream, but I will say I never thought I would be seeing suppressor commercials and reviews being made
on the TV.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 4:59:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Still on 4/20 he said that parts were done except for adapter which I then reminded him he made and ship in Feb, and has gone MIA since, in past few orders always got a quick response, I'm thinking the 4/20 e/m was smoke blown up my ass
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 9:11:33 AM EDT
[#13]
All I can say is you will get your parts. I know cause I have ordered many parts and some have been shipped fast and some have taken many months but all is worth the wait. I'm waiting on a 1.625" 8" tube kit but I wont email him asking when will it be done because it just takes time away from him making parts. Just sit tight and your parts will get to you. NFA is a waiting game and like Ryan said Chris got swamped fast its just the way it is. He is doing his best to fill orders and with the lack of material be available there is nothing he can do about that.
But there are options you can do 1- wait, 2 Find another vendor , 3- get a lathe and make them yourself.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 4:13:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I got my end caps and spacers from Jan 1 last month.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:15:31 AM EDT
[#15]
I am waiting on an order I placed at the end of January.

James
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 10:26:35 AM EDT
[#16]
I have looked at this site of his several times but never seen anything in stock.  He has some cool stuff without a doubt. Would be nice if he got up and running but with 41 coming my interest is quickly disappearing unfortunately....
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 11:44:02 AM EDT
[#17]
No answering of phone and no returned calls
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 6:09:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have looked at this site of his several times but never seen anything in stock.  He has some cool stuff without a doubt. Would be nice if he got up and running but with 41 coming my interest is quickly disappearing unfortunately....
View Quote

You can build it anytime. Just submit prior to 41f, build anytime after the stamp comes. I'll most likely be building my approvals over the next couple years.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 11:55:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Does anyone know when he is going to "catch up" and start stocking things on his website?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:48:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Is anyone else making a good YHM mount other than him?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:33:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Is anyone else making a good YHM mount other than him?
View Quote

Texas Arms Co is , he can be reached by email at [email protected] . He has a waiting list now, but it may be easier than waiting for DM stuff to show up on website.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 2:43:27 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm still waiting on a website order from January... If I had know it would be a 6 month wait I would have just bought a can and would already have the Form 4 back.

Tried contacting him a couple times and have heard nothing back. Starting to get very pissed off.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 3:44:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Got a few emails over the last few days. My order should be shipping next week. I had good luck contacting him by sending him a message through his website under the contact section.

Quoted:
I am waiting on an order I placed at the end of January.

James
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:01:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Does anyone else make a D cell adapter for YHM QD brakes?
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 2:31:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Look 3 posts up
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 4:23:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Has anyone gotten any spacers from him lately. Website says spacers are "in stock" but I've been waiting almost 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 4:32:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Not sure I would say mainstream, but I will say I never thought I would be seeing suppressor commercials and reviews being made
on the TV.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

on the TV.

I never thought I'd see Brownell's carrying cans. That blew me away.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:57:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Has anyone gotten any spacers from him lately. Website says spacers are "in stock" but I've been waiting almost 2 weeks.
View Quote

Yes, I ordered spacers last week and they arrived about a week later.  
I am however still waiting on a custom order dating back to late 2015...
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 10:39:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Look 3 posts up
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look 3 posts up

I read that and it just click. Thanks.

Emailed them. Got a reply just a few minutes later.

Not taking orders for 2-3 weeks, trying to catch up. YHM mount is $75
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 1:35:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here Sep/Oct of 2015 can't even remember anymore, In April he said it was "next week". Unfortunatley all the people that ordered prewebsite are really behind the newer orders as those are all the ones he is trying to catch up on.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 11:53:24 AM EDT
[#31]
I wish DM would just stop taking ANY orders until they are 100% caught up. With their 'pay when it's ready' biz model for custom orders, it's not like doing that would cost them a bunch of money. They're getting paid as long as they are making stuff. It would certainly make customers happier. I have a relatively big order for DM, but I'm not even trying to submit it until things are under control with respect to ship times.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 8:19:52 PM EDT
[#32]
It was suggested that I call him and I did try twice and got nothing.
I am giving him two more weeks to fill my custom order from last Dec or I am done.
Still waiting on two pre-paid parts, but when you do not answer the phone and do not respond to emails
it is tough to tell someone "hey we have a small issue here". I guess I could get creative and go old school
and mail him a letter. I'd actually have to buy a stamp
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 9:10:41 PM EDT
[#33]

He is backed up and does quality work. He will catch up at some point.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 9:22:31 AM EDT
[#34]
My current DM take.

• If it is in stock it ships fast.
    I just received a Ti kit in a week including add-on radials.  All ordered in stock from the website (added radials and spacer in the notes).

• Custom unpaid orders seem to be way behind as some orders from last year are still not filled.  I'm personally waiting on a custom order from January and I know quite a few others are also.  These orders may also be compounded by the lack of raw material for the 1.625 tubes.  Custom orders are what they are and the wait is what it is.  If he was taking payment or deposits for these it would be a different story. I also understand he is not accepting custom orders until caught up.

• Prepaid web orders not being received.  These are probably the most contentious and rightfully so.  I believe a lot of these stem from when his website was accepting  orders for non-stock items.  I don't believe the site does that anymore.

• DM products are second to none and I believe Chris is simply overwhelmed.  Lack of communication and taking money for undelivered products is a sure way of getting your backlog caught up.  Personally I am still giving him the benefit of the doubt but then again he doesn't currently have any of my money.  Competition is starting to kick in as other places are starting to pop up largely in part to the waits and backlog at DM.
    Link Posted: 7/10/2016 3:04:32 PM EDT
    [#35]
    I'm waiting from a late December order. Finally got my stamps about a month ago.
    Just gonna wait, he'll let me know when it's ready, not gonna bother him.
    I have so many other irons in the fire, some things are worth waiting for!
    Link Posted: 7/11/2016 1:13:51 PM EDT
    [#36]
    I would like to maybe have hime do some stuff for me some day, but i am not going to bother even sending him an email until someday in the undetermined future when he catches up.  Maybe by then there will be anohter skilled machinist who will be able to do custom stuff...
    Link Posted: 7/12/2016 10:07:01 AM EDT
    [#37]
    Quoted:
    I wish DM would just stop taking ANY orders until they are 100% caught up. With their 'pay when it's ready' biz model for custom orders, it's not like doing that would cost them a bunch of money. They're getting paid as long as they are making stuff. It would certainly make customers happier. I have a relatively big order for DM, but I'm not even trying to submit it until things are under control with respect to ship times.
    View All Quotes
    Quoted:

He stopped taking backorders by website and email the first week of March.  The pistol and aluminum parts are being made from a different stock, staff machinist, on a different machine, and can still be ordered, making them doesn't slow down the 1.5-2" Ti products.  

I feel like a idiot but when I searched through my email to get this date right, I found a unopened email from him about my custom order being ready he sent back in May to clarify some specs! In any case if is help these changes are being made:

No more tubes with raw IDs (how SDTA does it).  There are to many imperfections in the raw tubes so the ID needs to be machined.  1.75" OD x 1.625" ID, 1.625" OD x 1.500" ID, 1.500" OD x 1.375" ID, 1.375x1.260".  The 1.500"x1.350"  tube can be ordered with a 1.375"x24tpi thread (that is a direct mount to the ASR mount).  He mentioned this as going forward, if you have a 1.360" ID tube on order I assume he will still make it from 1.327" ID stock instead.

Quoted:
    I would like to maybe have hime do some stuff for me some day, but i am not going to bother even sending him an email until someday in the undetermined future when he catches up.  Maybe by then there will be anohter skilled machinist who will be able to do custom stuff...

There is nothing to email him about (he stopped taking email orders in March) if you don't have an existing order.  Future orders will be website orders for in-stock items only.  In the notes if you request 80% Cones, there could be a small delay on that part.  So in your shoes you should watching website for stock.
    Link Posted: 7/12/2016 10:01:38 PM EDT
    [#38]
    Quoted:
    View Quote

Can you ask him where Order #525 from January 2, 2016 is?
    Link Posted: 7/12/2016 11:30:08 PM EDT
    [#39]
    For anyone interested, there has been a 8" Titanium, 1.500"x1.375" kit with 1/2x28 direct thread adapter and armorer cutout internal cone end cap available on his site all day.
    Link Posted: 7/16/2016 10:52:15 AM EDT
    [#40]
    Quoted:

View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

Or where my order is from 15 Jan? I've emailed him 8 times since March and heard nothing.
    Link Posted: 7/16/2016 3:29:55 PM EDT
    [#41]
    I've seen orders from November to March filled recently.  I haven't asked for the status of even my own orders... I don't think an estimate would be reliable most people either get a email with order clarification or ready to ship one. He has a lot of shirtless cones ready from what others said.
    Link Posted: 7/16/2016 8:26:16 PM EDT
    [#42]
    Quoted:
    I've seen orders from November to March filled recently.  I haven't asked for the status of even my own orders... I don't think an estimate would be reliable most people either get a email with order clarification or ready to ship one. He has a lot of shirtless cones ready from what others said.
    View Quote

2x D-cell endcaps with an internal 1"-20TPI thread. IIRC the original estimate was 4-6 weeks.  Only place I could find who offered that thread pitch, only reason I placed an order with them.
    Link Posted: 7/18/2016 11:04:38 AM EDT
    [#43]
    Quoted:
    View Quote

If I could get him to answer an email, I'd just cancel my order and get something that is in stock. But crickets is all most of us are getting, and 6+ months in, that's not right....
    Link Posted: 7/20/2016 11:54:14 AM EDT
    [#44]
    Heard from him last night and he is partnering with Zmachineworks on cones, so he can just make the Tubes/ends which will speed things up.  Internals can be ordered by email or added to notes on a tube order from website.  He mentioned he will have in stock 22lr kits soon (has the parts now) stacking radial cones.  1.375" kids he thought about 30days out, followed by 1.5".  I asked about expected backorder times will update if I hear back.  Cones will all be skirtless from now on, if ordered with a kit they will come with .50" spacing, otherwise spacers can be custom ordered or cut yourself.  I'm not sure what is doing to exsisting orders that have cones, I imagine he would make those in house or contact those people about the other option.
    Link Posted: 7/20/2016 2:16:30 PM EDT
    [#45]
    Quoted:

If I could get him to answer an email, I'd just cancel my order and get something that is in stock. But crickets is all most of us are getting, and 6+ months in, that's not right....
    View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

He said he was running 1.625 kits over 1-2 weeks out but not enough to fill all back orders. And large qty of 1.5 kits over 2-3 weeks out.  In stock 1.5 kids still that will show up will have internals ready for them.  Not sure if that helps you or not.
    Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:54:08 PM EDT
    [#46]
    Quoted:
    Heard from him last night and he is partnering with Zmachineworks on cones, so he can just make the Tubes/ends which will speed things up.  Internals can be ordered by email or added to notes on a tube order from website.  He mentioned he will have in stock 22lr kits soon (has the parts now) stacking radial cones.  1.375" kids he thought about 30days out, followed by 1.5".  I asked about expected backorder times will update if I hear back.  Cones will all be skirtless from now on, if ordered with a kit they will come with .50" spacing, otherwise spacers can be custom ordered or cut yourself.  I'm not sure what is doing to exsisting orders that have cones, I imagine he would make those in house or contact those people about the other option.
    View Quote

All cones will be skirtless? meh. I planned on using an SS tube with some Ti baffles and I kinda liked the idea of having skirted cones. I'm not really worried about internals moving all that much when the two metals expand/contract at different rates, but baffles with skirts seem like a little extra insurance that everything will stay in line. Oh well. I hope he catches up on everything soon, because two of the three cans I want to make are of the custom type...
    Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:37:20 PM EDT
    [#47]
    There is a skirt and fit tight to the tube so movement should be a concern but the spacers would be used to get the spacing desired.  

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 1:09:46 PM EDT
    [#48]
    Well finally hear from Chris on the 17th, says he can't find work order and to let him know whats owed still,,, but that e/m has gone unanswered  
    Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:33:39 PM EDT
    [#49]
    Quoted:
    Well finally hear from Chris on the 17th, says he can't find work order and to let him know whats owed still,,, but that e/m has gone unanswered  
    View Quote

I was wondering if this was the case.  I wonder how many orders he has lost?  So now the question is do I chalk it up as an expensive learning experiance or get my lawyer to send a letter?

MAHA
    Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:49:17 PM EDT
    [#50]
    Quoted:

I was wondering if this was the case.  I wonder how many orders he has lost?  So now the question is do I chalk it up as an expensive learning experiance or get my lawyer to send a letter?

MAHA
    View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

MAHA

how did you pay?
    Arrow Left Previous Page
    Page / 4
    Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
    Top Top