Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 35
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 3:15:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By unclemoak:

Had decent results shooting my 9mm/30cal can this afternoon.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e398/unclemoak/Photo%20Aug%2024%207%2003%2058%20PM.jpg
View Quote

What size did you list on the form 1?

I have one inbound where I put .308 as the caliber, but the way I was planning to build it I was considering drilling the hole around .040" so that I could run it on a 9mm pistol caliber carbine as well.

Do you see any problems with this other than a little loss of suppression?
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 3:38:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Austin4130:  What size did you list on the form 1?

I have one inbound where I put .308 as the caliber, but the way I was planning to build it I was considering drilling the hole around .040" so that I could run it on a 9mm pistol caliber carbine as well.

View Quote

The Feds might not like that.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 4:20:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By BGENE:

If you use the 2 port GA you need about 2.3" BC. If you go SDTA, get your tube then order your cones based upon measurements. The SDTA seem somewhat inconsistent on I.D. Have you looked at Apogee and DM tubes?  The endcap threads run around .400 in depth as I recall.

Have you been to the Form 1 Boards?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BGENE:
Originally Posted By MrJonesandMe:
Gents,

I'm looking to start a can, as soon as my form 1 clears. Here's what I have for specs so far

SDTac D-cell 7.6" Ti
Griffin adapter
D-cell end cap i Aluminum

Zmachineworx Ti cones
specifically, the 1.355" diameter ones, since if my research is correct, the ID of the Ti tube is 1.36", so i could imagine these would fit relatively snugly.

Considering the skirt is .688", and I want to go with a 1.5-2" blast chamber, I'll need 7 or 8 cones, I'll probably go with 8 on the side of caution.

Here are a few of my questions, how much of the inner length do the threads from the endcap and adapter take up? Does my build idea sound reasonable?

If you use the 2 port GA you need about 2.3" BC. If you go SDTA, get your tube then order your cones based upon measurements. The SDTA seem somewhat inconsistent on I.D. Have you looked at Apogee and DM tubes?  The endcap threads run around .400 in depth as I recall.

Have you been to the Form 1 Boards?

I've read a bit, but not a whole lot.

And I looked at DM tubes, out of stock for what I need. I'll look at apogee though. I'd rather get this done correctly the first time, rather then struggle with it. Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 5:11:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Austin4130] [#4]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

The Feds might not like that.  YMMV.
View Quote

I have a Griffin Taper Mount Adapter I intend to use on .22, and 5.56 guns as well. The Griffin Taper mount end Cap will be a permanent part of the can.

If its intended for use on a .308 / x39 / .300 blackout but a 9mm will fit through the hole, is that really a big no-no?

@unclemoak   What did you put on your form 1?
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 6:31:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Austin4130:

I have a Griffin Taper Mount Adapter I intend to use on .22, and 5.56 guns as well. The Griffin Taper mount end Cap will be a permanent part of the can.

If its intended for use on a .308 / x39 / .300 blackout but a 9mm will fit through the hole, is that really a big no-no?

@unclemoak   What did you put on your form 1?
View Quote

If you put .308 as the designated caliber, and that is what you'll put on the tube, then that should be the largest caliber that can go through the suppressor. You should have put something like 9mm as the caliber. You can email/fax the ATF and have them change it I think.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:02:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Austin4130:

What size did you list on the form 1?

View Quote

I put 9mm as the caliber since at the time I only intended to shoot 9mm out of it. Month later I built a .308 that I decided to try it on.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 4:40:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pdm] [#7]
Originally Posted By PineappleDevil:

If you put .308 as the designated caliber, and that is what you'll put on the tube, then that should be the largest caliber that can go through the suppressor. You should have put something like 9mm as the caliber. You can email/fax the ATF and have them change it I think.
View Quote

Nonsense.  You can certainly over bore the baffles and end cap to whatever you'd like. You'll lose some suppression but you'll also have less to worry about in terms of end cap or baffle strikes. I'd say the gray area, if there is one, would be that you listed it as a rifle can and to shoot it on a pistol you'd normally need a booster. Mounting a booster might be a bit wonky as you would have what would be arguably be now a pistol can though I still think you'd be ok as the booster isn't considered a suppressor part nor is the mounting end cap.  You can change those parts out as you see fit.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 9:37:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Overton-AR:
I will have some pics in a few days, but I am in the middle of my new long range suppressor build.  

Details......

Tube - Titanium 1.625"x10" Diversified Machine
End Cap - New Step Cone Cap from Diversified Machine
Adapter - Griffin Taper Mount
Muzzle Brake - Griffin TMB
Cones - (9) 1.497" x 60* from Z Machine (1 Stainless Blast Baffle and 8 Titanium)
Finish - Oxide blasted finish
Weight -  About ~19oz
Host Weapon - Ruger Precision 6.5 Creedmoor
View Quote

How do you like this? Thinking of near the same setup, but for 8" tube. Stamp has been approved for 6+ months, been cheap and lazy!!
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:16:37 PM EDT
[#9]
The caliber on the stamp needs to be engraved on the can.  There is no regulation as to how big or small you an drill the holes.  I usually aim for about .060" over the caliber.....but you can always go as big or as small as you desire.  The Feds are not about to take on the liability of regulating hole size in your suppressor.  Go as big as you need to feel comfortable for the stamped and engraved caliber.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 12:21:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#10]
I hope you guys don't mind a dumb question.  I'm just wading into this and reading all I can but overwhelmed 

If I wanted to build a Form 1 can to thread on a dedicated 16 inch 5.56 upper with adjustable gas block - what parts / design would you recommend?  

Kinda going for a Griffin Spartan 3 copy ... can you even do wrench flats on a Form 1?
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 11:44:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BGENE] [#11]
Originally Posted By Fooboy:
I hope you guys don't mind a dumb question.  I'm just wading into this and reading all I can but overwhelmed 

If I wanted to build a Form 1 can to thread on a dedicated 16 inch 5.56 upper with adjustable gas block - what parts / design would you recommend?  

Kinda going for a Griffin Spartan 3 copy ... can you even do wrench flats on a Form 1?

I'm in Charlotte area NC FWIW.
View Quote

I would use a Diversified Machine Titanium tube and DM end caps, I would use Zmachineworx cones, DM Titanium spacers, I would use a Griffin Armament 2 chamber brake, the GA Minimalist s another option.

Probably an 8" tube, 1.50 X 1.375, you could go shorter 7".

The above would give you a top notch setup.

Wrench flats not needed if you go with the GA taper brake.

If you are not a member, join the Form 1 Boards.

ETA - just looked at Griffin Spartan 3 - you could go 6" with GA Minimalist.

Obviously follow the law.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 1:12:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Agree with above, but with a 16" I would probably go with a 7.5" on a 2.5" reflex, would keep an already long build more compact. DM reflex brake is only a little more than a standard muzzle brake.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 12:01:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Well the coolest thing about the latest can isn't even the can.  Its cool enough, as its a DM 22 LR kit in Ti with the new Titanium radial baffles.  Very nice and super quiet can.....but the coolest part for me....I just threaded my first barrel.  

So I have been saving to order a nice new lathe for about a year.  I got most of the money together and then sold my smaller Smithy lathe back in December.  The new Grizzly 0776 w/DRO gunsmithing lathe has been delivered, wired up and precisely leveled with a machinist level.  I practiced on a few pieces of scraps before attempting my first barrel.  The barrel is a Ruger Stainless 10-22 "takedown" model.  I had to shave off the front site before the threading could begin.
(you can see that I removed a couple thousandths extra beyond the site base.  I'll fix that later)  Anyway.....its not perfect....but its straight and tight.  I am pretty excited about it.....not to mention the new suppressor as well.  

Link Posted: 2/14/2017 9:42:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Well the coolest thing about the latest can isn't even the can.  Its cool enough, as its a DM 22 LR kit in Ti with the new Titanium radial baffles.  Very nice and super quiet can.....but the coolest part for me....I just threaded my first barrel.  

So I have been saving to order a nice new lathe for about a year.  I got most of the money together and then sold my smaller Smithy lathe back in December.  The new Grizzly 0776 w/DRO gunsmithing lathe has been delivered, wired up and precisely leveled with a machinist level.  I practiced on a few pieces of scraps before attempting my first barrel.  The barrel is a Ruger Stainless 10-22 "takedown" model.  I had to shave off the front site before the threading could begin.
(you can see that I removed a couple thousandths extra beyond the site base.  I'll fix that later)  Anyway.....its not perfect....but its straight and tight.  I am pretty excited about it.....not to mention the new suppressor as well.  
View Quote

Looks great!

Pics of the new radial baffles?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 12:25:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pointman12] [#15]
Just finished a form 1 .45 pistol can build with an 8" DM titanium tube, DM titanium booster bushing, DM titanium low profile end cap, Liberty booster, and DM (Zmachineworx?) radials (1x 17-4, 7x Ti) with DM titanium spacers. Everything went together perfectly and didn't require any extra work or creativity, which makes me happy.

I don't even want to think about how much it cost me, but it sounds great, does what I want it to, and I had a fun time getting the parts together and building it, so I'd call it a success.

Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:28:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Just another pic of some barrel threading.  I love this new lathe.

Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:27:20 PM EDT
[#17]
So, I've got an issue. I applied for my second form1 and had planned to build a 45 can. Got the form1 approved and had since sold my 45. I just got away from that caliber. I have baffles inbound, but they are not large enough for a 45, 9mm max. So I thought, no problem, I really only shoot 9mm and could use a 9mm can, I'll build that. Then reading the prior post, I'm perfectly fine with building a smaller caliber can than 45, but since the form1 says 45, I would need to engrave that on the tube prior to building the can. But that would be a horrible idea for me to do, because then the can says 45ACP, and can only handle 9mm! Sooooo, I either make different baffles to build a larger caliber than I need, and have a louder can, or I contact the ATF and request a caliber alteration. Anyone have a suggestion, or info on the form required for a caliber change request?
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:52:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#18]
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:06:14 AM EDT
[#19]
I would engrave it as 45 and just shoot 9mm through it.  I contact the ATF as LITTLE as possible.  There is no problem with drilling the hole size ANY size you want.  You just cannot shoot anything LARGER than 45 caliber through it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 5:08:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: great308] [#20]
Got my approval from the atf yesterday and got this from DM today. All titanium with asr adapter, planning on a .300wm welded 17-4 core that will drop in. It just needs to get a little warmer so I can get at my lathe... or install heat in my shop.

Link Posted: 4/2/2017 9:28:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By pointman12:
Just finished a form 1 .45 pistol can build with an 8" DM titanium tube, DM titanium booster bushing, DM titanium low profile end cap, Liberty booster, and DM (Zmachineworx?) radials (1x 17-4, 7x Ti) with DM titanium spacers. Everything went together perfectly and didn't require any extra work or creativity, which makes me happy.

I don't even want to think about how much it cost me, but it sounds great, does what I want it to, and I had a fun time getting the parts together and building it, so I'd call it a success.

View Quote
Looks like I have the same tube, baffles and spacers.  Can I ask what you used for a bore size?  I am waiting for my tube to come back from engraving, and then I can start drilling out my baffles and endcap.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 10:59:37 PM EDT
[#22]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00BIlW2EGHA

http://i.imgur.com/F9s4Ddb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uhCzEVB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KPNrI3P.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ISGPkjM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/oAoler5.jpg
View Quote
@pointman12

So cool! I've got the same kit from DM, just need to order the booster/adapter and start drilling.

Do you have pics of how you did your baffles? 
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 11:13:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Engineer] [#23]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:
Notify the ATF in writing that you initially built it as a 9mm can instead due to material availability. That's what I'd do.

They let you do that with suppressor length, or with caliber/length of an SBR, so I don't see why suppressor caliber would be any different.
View Quote
Yup - they will allow you to change the parameters as part of the initial build. 

My question to the ATF was about changing the caliber and increasing the overall length from what was approved on my Form 1 and per Gary Schaible: "You can update the registry by directing a letter to the NFA Branch describing the changes and noting that they are being made as part of the initial build (that is, not changing it after making in the original description).  This information will be made part of the registry."

I sent my request in duplicate and received a copy back with an acknowledgement that the NFRTR was updated.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 3:41:29 PM EDT
[#24]
is there a known location to buying titanium cones? without any holes in it of course
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 3:58:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By bigplayer2382:
is there a known location to buying titanium cones? without any holes in it of course
View Quote
https://www.zmachineworx.com
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 4:32:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By JoshAston:
View Quote
@joshaston
Know anyone making cones for like 1.75" tubes?
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 6:04:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
@joshaston
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
@joshaston
DM.  He doesn't list them though.  Send him an IM on the form 1 boards.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 6:02:36 AM EDT
[#28]
I would engrave it as 45 and just shoot 9mm through it.  I contact the ATF as LITTLE as possible.  There is no problem with drilling the hole size ANY size you want.  You just cannot shoot anything LARGER than 45 caliber through it.
View Quote
Says who?

Can you show one case where ATF opined on this, someone got in trouble, or an issue was otherwise raised about this...ever?
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 4:36:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Please.....Let's not let the kind of oil we choose to use ruin this thread.  We are all here for the awesome suppressors.  

Speaking of suppressors......I just ordered 4 of tubes from DM.  3 of them will be 8.5" Reflex Titanium tubes and the other is another 7" rimfire aluminum.
View Quote
After hours of browsing around this thread (and not even close to done reading it all) it sounds like overall you were a pretty big proponent of the reflex mount with griffen taper on your rifles as it sat it back a few inches on the barrel for a shorter OAL when attached on your rifle. I love this idea and would like to do it myself, but on the website, I cant find or don't see any mention of that reflex mount, is DM the only one who makes it? And would you happen to have a link? The thread seems to have died out in the past year and a half, and was just wondering if you knew any more info on it. Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 5:28:26 PM EDT
[#30]
After hours of browsing around this thread (and not even close to done reading it all) it sounds like overall you were a pretty big proponent of the reflex mount with griffen taper on your rifles as it sat it back a few inches on the barrel for a shorter OAL when attached on your rifle. I love this idea and would like to do it myself, but on the website, I cant find or don't see any mention of that reflex mount, is DM the only one who makes it? And would you happen to have a link? The thread seems to have died out in the past year and a half, and was just wondering if you knew any more info on it. Thanks!
View All Quotes
Please.....Let's not let the kind of oil we choose to use ruin this thread.  We are all here for the awesome suppressors.  

Speaking of suppressors......I just ordered 4 of tubes from DM.  3 of them will be 8.5" Reflex Titanium tubes and the other is another 7" rimfire aluminum.
DM makes a lot of things that aren't on his website.  Shoot him a message via the form 1 boards.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 8:39:47 PM EDT
[#31]
where are the form1 boards? how do i access that?
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 8:41:48 PM EDT
[#32]
where are the form1 boards? how do i access that?
View Quote
You need to know the secret handshake.  

http://form1suppressor.boards.net
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 11:16:46 AM EDT
[#33]
damnit! I definitely dont know the shake, but my stamp was approved like 2 years ago and still havent put it together despite having most of the materials I was an early follower of these threads and lost my way and am back, TEACH ME THE SHAKE!
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 3:22:02 PM EDT
[#34]
some one please save me reading (again), 100 plus pages to find out what size drill bit for 9mm baffle holes, please??
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 3:34:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By douglasmorris99:
some one please save me reading (again), 100 plus pages to find out what size drill bit for 9mm baffle holes, please??
View Quote
Y
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 7:38:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Y
View Quote
cause I'm not a dick and responded to 1000's of culinary questions over the last 10 years....that's
"Y"
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 8:05:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: November5] [#37]
cause I'm not a dick and responded to 1000's of culinary questions over the last 10 years....that's
"Y"
View All Quotes
Y
"Y"
But Y?

10.5mm, Z, 13/32", and 27/64" would also work.

If your baffles are aluminum you could save a few dollars by using HSS or cobalt instead of carbide.  If they're Ti or 17-4 you'll need cobalt at a minimum but I'd really recommend carbide.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 9:38:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By @douglasmorris99:
View Quote
In the $100 thread, I put everything I gleaned into a MicroSoft OneNote document that has all that program's advantages. Also printed the entire thing in one long pdf doc. I zipped everything up and put it out on Google Drive for you to download. Some of this info that you seek was also in that thread.

I'll start on this thread next week.

Linkage to ZIP file on Google Drive
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 10:00:58 AM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes
Y
"Y"

Thats funny right there.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 7:46:39 PM EDT
[#40]
thank you all..
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#41]
thank you all..
View Quote
You're most welcome chef.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 4:43:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: remanaz] [#42]
My first form 1 can was recently completed. It is a .30 cal can. Mostly Titanium. It is 7.5" in length and weighs 14.2oz. The baffle are 6 60* cones and an RSC for my last baffle. My first 2 cones are ss and the other 4 plus the RSC are Ti. My tube is a 7" Ti tube. The Griffin Adapter is Ti. I am also using a Ti Hex Pro endcap. The baffles are spaced to give a 1.8" blast chamber to work with a Paladin brake. There are spacers after each of the first three cones to create .75" spacing for the first three. The remaining cones and RSC have reduced spacing. Baffles are progressive bored in two groups with the first baffle being bored the biggest and then going smaller with each one after.. The two groups are first the .75" spaced baffles and the second are the shorter spaced group. You can see the height difference between the groups in the pics below. The baffles have dual hybrid clips. All boring and clipping was performed by a SOT. He does very nice work. I only picked the parts and I let him use his vast knowledge to finish it up. I was going to do it all myself but I figured for roughly $100 more than what it was going to cost me to get bits and slotting saw setup then having to make jigs to hold the cones on my firends drill press, it was well worth it.

going under the laser

Top row cones are full length plus the spacer to equal .75" spacing. Bottom row cones were where the spacers were cut from.

The RSC mentioned above is the flatter baffle in the bottom row.

some dirty shots

attatched to one of my 5.56s
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 1:20:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Very nice description and pics.   I'm sure it sounds as good as it looks given the number of baffles, volume, and flow disrupting clipped cones. I am normally not into CNC'd ornateness but that end cap is a real work of art.

May I ask who did the laser engraving and what it cost?
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 8:38:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: remanaz] [#44]
Originally Posted By KalmanPhilter:
Very nice description and pics.   I'm sure it sounds as good as it looks given the number of baffles, volume, and flow disrupting clipped cones. I am normally not into CNC'd ornateness but that end cap is a real work of art.

May I ask who did the laser engraving and what it cost?
View Quote
I went to Mr. Silencer .com fr the engraving work. He is local to me. He charges $50 per engraving. I had him engrave my SBR lower at the same time. He ended up charging me $80 instead of $100. YRMV

Here is a pic of the front of the endcap. SPC put some work into these.

Link Posted: 1/19/2018 11:56:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Is that the sdta B cell to tube 8 inches and azpenngirl 303 ss cups?
How’s it holding up from your 556 rifle? Plan using the same tube for 22lr and 9mm, maybe. Depends on rhe dB of s dedicated 22lr vs 22lr in 9mm.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 11:59:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Generalbarca] [#46]
Got my f1 back yesterday and finally finished up my suppressor. This is a 6" .30 cal titanium SDTA can. I used 9 freeze plugs formed with a homemade ~60 degree cone on a press, and I drilled them out on my neighbor's lathe. Went the cheap route and used a valve spring for my blast chamber, and it also keeps everything tight. Total weight is 14oz which isn't great, but I suppose it could be worse. Total price was about $260 with all parts together. Sounds great for what it is though!

One unfortunate thing is that in the ~200 rounds I've put through it in 2 different days, I had an endcap strike today. It worked fine yesterday, but today after my first mag, I noticed that it nicked my endcap (baffles are .368 and endcap is about .284).

My tube is a .30 cal but I have 2 endcaps: 5.56 and .30 for whatever I'm using it on. None of the baffles were hit, but the smaller endcap was.

Any reason on what could have caused this? Am I missing something obvious? Ammo was 55gr Wolf Gold which has always been great for me, and the barrel was either a 20" Criterion or my 10.5 LMT. I put a few rounds through each today before I noticed the strike, so it could have been either...but both are quality barrels. Is this a freak ammo issue?
Miss alignment of the end caps wnd with the single clip caused the bullet to move to one side. .368 was apparently fine but not 284
Pics of everything (sorry fr bad quality on some). I'll post a video once my desktop is working and I can hop on Premiere and get it edited together.

Everything lined up:

http://i.imgur.com/jvQoibc.jpg

Parts before drilling:

http://i.imgur.com/84oafUm.jpg

The lathe (my first time using one):

http://i.imgur.com/oAoler5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/s1VX3WS.jpg

Started with a 1/8" pilot hole in each plug:

http://i.imgur.com/qmZsuKp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7HbOnA8.jpg

Then chopped an old drill bit in half, put an angular cutting tool on the lathe, and made this makeshift 60 degree cone because I'm too cheap to buy a real one:

http://i.imgur.com/3SctPvE.jpg

Used a bench vise to form them as best as I could, which looks like this. Then my neighbor took them to work and pressed them a little deeper on his bigger press there.

http://i.imgur.com/21FQDsl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Esoyrip.jpg

Here it is on my LMT 10.5 and Fulton Armory M16A2. It'll live on the SBR most of the time:

http://i.imgur.com/3VreSFv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/o2aW6tW.jpg

And here's the endcap strike that has me puzzled:

http://i.imgur.com/3KNnD8Y.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hV8P7gI.jpg
View Quote
Miss alignment of the baffles in combination with the single clip causing the bullet to deflect off a bit. Maybe the spring failing a little, heat and springs don’t go well together.
Also for your freeeze plugs, can you use a ball bearing to shape them? What size for B cell? Also youre look very shallow compared to some that are sold online or is that just from the photo angle?
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 6:23:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pdm] [#47]
Anyone using this type of baffle stack "muzzle brake" for a F1 can? This one has an OD of 1.375 and I was thinking Tig'ing a SS tube over it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 8:06:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By pdm:
Anyone using this type of baffle stack "muzzle brake" for a F1 can? This one has an OD of 1.375 and I was thinking Tig'ing a SS tube over it.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/696/s-l1600-637501.JPG
View Quote
It would be okay for a fixed barrel pistol or PCC but basically anything rifle centerfire is going to be really loud with 1.375"
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By PineappleDevil:

It would be okay for a fixed barrel pistol or PCC but basically anything rifle centerfire is going to be really loud with 1.375"
View Quote
@PineappleDevil

Why is that? This would be my 5th F1 can and 3 are 7"x 1.350" using Z Machine cups in Ti and SS.  Those 3 are mounted on center fire rifles with 12" bbls; a 300 AAC, 7.62x39 and a 5.56. All 3 are very close to hearing safe. Why do you think this one be less effective?
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 8:56:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By pdm:

@PineappleDevil

Why is that? This would be my 5th F1 can and 3 are 7"x 1.350" using Z Machine cups in Ti and SS.  Those 3 are mounted on center fire rifles with 12" bbls; a 300 AAC, 7.62x39 and a 5.56. All 3 are very close to hearing safe. Why do you think this one be less effective?
View Quote
You'll need a booster for a pistol with a tilting barrel because that monocore has the threads built into it. It would be louder than say a 1.625" or 1.5" tube because it is a monocore (doesn't perform as well as cones/radials on non-subsonic centerfire) and due to volume lost from being 1.375".
Page / 35
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top