Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 35
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 7:56:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I just ran across this item (picture attached) I wonder if this could be used as a wipe (porous) compressible I would say. Maybe be used as the last baffle at the end of the tube to compress and hold things tight??  I think it would gunk up over time so if not replaceable it might have little value.

The one item is sized almost ideal, 1.375 diameter and a .375 hole, might work??

Might be a bad idea but throwing it out there.

" />

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 9:38:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:
........ I've never engraved the actual tube.
View Quote

Is there a specific reason why or is it just for looks.???
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 10:29:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 11:40:31 AM EDT
[#4]
......Let's just say no matter how I put them together, the cans always match the paperwork.
View Quote

I think your engravings look really cool.  I was just going through my mind trying to conceive if there was some sort of "strategic advantage".  
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 2:24:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 9:45:06 PM EDT
[#6]

I much more mall ninja this way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Overton-AR:
......Let's just say no matter how I put them together, the cans always match the paperwork.

I think your engravings look really cool.  I was just going through my mind trying to conceive if there was some sort of "strategic advantage".  

I much more mall ninja this way.

I meant strategic for the ATF rules.....not "ninja strategic."
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 8:10:40 PM EDT
[#7]
A little teaser and as far as I can legally go while I wait for my stamp.

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 5:25:15 PM EDT
[#8]
9mm DM SS build for the wife's subgun and my SDTA/DM/Venom 5.56 reflex build.

Link Posted: 8/10/2016 10:27:42 PM EDT
[#9]
More Diversified Goodness showed up today.  Pictured are 2 of the 3 complete tubes, baffles and end caps along with OTB muzzle brakes. They all came in today.  It was WELL WORTH THE WAIT.  Stay strong guys.

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 12:14:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I got a few tubes in a few weeks ago, but I am still waiting on some over the barrel flash hider mounts. He said he was working on a bunch of mounts so since you got yours mine might be on the way...

James
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 5:12:32 PM EDT
[#11]
When, how, and what material did you guys order? Just curious if I need to email him to check on my status, IE if he forgot about my order or if its still behind.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 7:13:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Overton-AR] [#12]
Part of my order was from January and part from March.  He obviously combined them and shipped them all at once.

EDIT: Order through email and confirmed with text.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 7:19:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Part of my order was from January and part from March.  He obviously combined them and shipped them all at once.

View Quote

What size tubes?  

I'm waiting on a Ti 1.625 tube and want to know if he has raw material.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 7:45:15 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Awesome, I ordered on 2/18 so hopefully I will get the email soonish.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 7:51:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By Bravo_Six:

I'm waiting on a Ti 1.625 tube and want to know if he has raw material.
View Quote
Last I heard he'd received some 1.625, but not enough to fill all back orders.

Link Posted: 8/12/2016 12:19:12 PM EDT
[#16]
From another forum, if you're still waiting in DM stuff,

Help me out by sending a PM or email to [email protected] with your name and what you orderd

Chris
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 3:26:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By JoshAston:

View All Quotes

Help me out by sending a PM or email to [email protected] with your name and what you orderd

Chris

Thanks, but considering I ordered earlier this year, and I am now a student(broke thanks to tuition) I will hang out for a bit, not really in a rush to have to come up with ~300 just yet.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 2:08:24 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

Chris

Thanks!  Email sent.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:37:44 PM EDT
[#19]
So after FOUR 9mm suppressor I am finally happy with the performance of my newest baffle purchase.  Below is the design that I chose.  Its very close to a direct copy of the Silencerco Octane baffle.  I drilled them with a .406" bit and then used a .250" end mill to "clip" them.  The result is excellent.  I have a new "gauge" for how well my suppressors are working.  When the "SPROING" of the buffer drives me NUTS.....then the suppressor is quiet enough.  So not I just ordered the JP Maxim silent capture spring to install in my LWRC UCIW stock.

Tube is a SD Tac Titanium "B" that I turned to to remove some extra weight.  The 3-Lug mount is by Griffin which I also had to turn down to fit inside the BCM KMR rail.  Bottom pic is older before the SBR stamp was returned and the finish was done on the can.  

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:34:28 PM EDT
[#20]

Had decent results shooting my 9mm/30cal can this afternoon.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:22:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By unclemoak:

Had decent results shooting my 9mm/30cal can this afternoon.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e398/unclemoak/Photo%20Aug%2024%207%2003%2058%20PM.jpg
View Quote

That is a very nice set up you got there.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 11:25:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Can someone in here answer this question for me? I currently have a Titanium SDTA D-Tube and want a different endcap, is the DM advanced cone endcap D size 20TPI made for the SDTA D-Tube?
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 11:30:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BGENE] [#23]
Originally Posted By TATBME:
Can someone in here answer this question for me? I currently have a Titanium SDTA D-Tube and want a different endcap, is the DM advanced cone endcap D size 20TPI made for the SDTA D-Tube?
View Quote

Yes, correct as long as you get the 20 TPI model, also fits the Apogee D tubes.

ETA I was just at the DM site, they make this for the internal and external threaded D size, 1.500 O.D. is for the internal threaded D tube.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 11:39:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By BGENE:

ETA I was just at the DM site, they make this for the internal and external threaded D size, 1.500 O.D. is for the internal threaded D tube.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TATBME:

I have the internal threaded, I just hate the endcap and want something that looks like a factory endcap.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 11:52:02 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote
DM doesn't make any caps for the externally threaded tubes.  The 1.550 cap is for Apogee SS tubes.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 11:56:12 AM EDT
[#26]
DM doesn't make any caps for the externally threaded tubes.  The 1.550 cap is for Apogee SS tubes.
View All Quotes

I did not know that thanks for the correction.  I saw the two sizes offered and made a faulty assumption.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 3:01:27 PM EDT
[#27]

Originally Posted By HALFNATTYGAINZ:

Thanks, This stuff is really cool. I was keeping my eye out for a Ghost before 41F unfortunately they just seemed really expensive. I like the idea of using a wipe so that you can almost bridge the gap between a wet can and a dry can without getting covered in dirty water.

Has anyone made a modular can yet? Or would I be better off just making 2 cans?
View All Quotes

Hey guys, I'm sort of new to this here. Just a quick question is it at all possible to build a can that can accept wipes like the Dead Air Ghost? It seems like wipes would be available to buy because of this can coming to market.

Yes.

Just put a spacer in where the wipe would be?

Probably. Their end cap has a little notch/ridge that the wipe tucks into against the inside face of the end cap. Then, there's a dedicated baffle that snugs up again the end cap, which is what your spacer idea would accomplish.

Thanks, This stuff is really cool. I was keeping my eye out for a Ghost before 41F unfortunately they just seemed really expensive. I like the idea of using a wipe so that you can almost bridge the gap between a wet can and a dry can without getting covered in dirty water.

Has anyone made a modular can yet? Or would I be better off just making 2 cans?

This holder is the same size as a freeze plug

Link Posted: 9/16/2016 2:04:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#28]
Probably $350 investment, didn't really keep track
.30cal, 7.9", 19oz, coned freeze plugs and YHM mount
THSF did the engraving and I applied hi temp FDE Cerakote
Sits now on a 12.5" 762x39 which still needs sights

Link Posted: 9/18/2016 10:15:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#29]
Same can on a work in progress Aero M5

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:39:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By great308:
A little teaser and as far as I can legally go while I wait for my stamp.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/hangingchads/media/Guns/471A85B9-FFD7-4E40-B8CA-65E6DB696C54_zpsows6lt54.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/hangingchads/Guns/471A85B9-FFD7-4E40-B8CA-65E6DB696C54_zpsows6lt54.jpg</a>
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/hangingchads/media/Guns/2A0DE14C-0237-4D79-8BA4-630DB73750EE_zpsubedaiwp.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/hangingchads/Guns/2A0DE14C-0237-4D79-8BA4-630DB73750EE_zpsubedaiwp.jpg</a>
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/hangingchads/media/Guns/49BDA06F-52A0-4C73-ACE1-DCCD831BAC6A_zpsxx5jjhid.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/hangingchads/Guns/49BDA06F-52A0-4C73-ACE1-DCCD831BAC6A_zpsxx5jjhid.jpg</a>
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/hangingchads/media/Guns/C0D64606-C7EE-4906-B23A-2271CD7080F6_zps2bqbmihh.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/hangingchads/Guns/C0D64606-C7EE-4906-B23A-2271CD7080F6_zps2bqbmihh.jpg</a>
View Quote

I envy you guys who can machine your own stuff ! very cool
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 5:13:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Updated pic

Link Posted: 10/9/2016 6:35:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Overton-AR] [#32]
I will have some pics in a few days, but I am in the middle of my new long range suppressor build.  

Details......

Tube - Titanium 1.625"x10" Diversified Machine
End Cap - New Step Cone Cap from Diversified Machine
Adapter - Griffin Taper Mount
Muzzle Brake - Griffin TMB
Cones - (9) 1.497" x 60* from Z Machine (1 Stainless Blast Baffle and 8 Titanium)
Finish - Oxide blasted finish
Weight -  About ~19oz
Host Weapon - Ruger Precision 6.5 Creedmoor

Link Posted: 10/9/2016 6:48:36 PM EDT
[#33]
I will have some pics in a few days, but I am in the middle of my new long range suppressor build.  

Details......

Cones - (9) 1.497" x 60* from Z Machine (1 Stainless Blast Baffle and 8 Titanium)
Weight -  About ~19oz

View Quote

Perfect - I am looking at possibly doing the same setup - even the rifle.

Looking forward to final outcome.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 12:36:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: great308] [#34]
Form 1 approved and built 9mm suppressor.

Started with a SDTA 7.6" titanium tube, titanium end cap, and Gemtech booster. Finished off right at 9" long.

Machined 1 17-4 clipped K baffle and 6 7075 clipped K baffles for the stack.

Im pretty happy with it.

End cap being done

Was in the process of clipping the baffles.

On its host for now till my Glock gets a threaded barrel. Finished off with Magpul flat dark earth C series Cerakote.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 12:36:56 AM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

Details......

Weight -  About ~19oz

The rifle arrived TODAY.  The suppressor is done and engraved.  It ended up weighing 20oz because I was able to get 10 baffles in there instead of the 9 that I was planning on.  Very excited to get out and shoot it.  My scope is the Viper PST 6-24 FFP (EBR-2C reticle).  Vortex rings and caps.  Vortex is doing cool things with matching scope covers and "dope disks" with ballistic information laser cut into them.  This is my first venture into the "long range" stuff and I am ready to get started.....pics to follow with weekend.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 1:32:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BGENE] [#36]

The rifle arrived TODAY.  The suppressor is done and engraved.  It ended up weighing 20oz because I was able to get 10 baffles in there instead of the 9 that I was planning on.  Very excited to get out and shoot it.  My scope is the Viper PST 6-24 FFP (EBR-2C reticle).  Vortex rings and caps.  Vortex is doing cool things with matching scope covers and "dope disks" with ballistic information laser cut into them.  This is my first venture into the "long range" stuff and I am ready to get started.....pics to follow with weekend.
View All Quotes

Details......

Weight -  About ~19oz

Griffin Taper Mount - did you go with the GA minimalist one chamber?  If so, how long did your BC in up on this build. I am debating 1 or 2 chamber brake, 2 chamber would be about 2.3" BC - I have not figured what I would do for the BC if I go 1 chamber GA.

ETA - just spotted TMB in your post, how long is your BC?
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 8:43:41 PM EDT
[#37]

Started with a SDTA 7.6" titanium tube, titanium end cap, and Gemtech booster. Finished off right at 9" long.

Im pretty happy with it.

End cap being done
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/hangingchads/media/4C610145-1974-41A4-9450-2AE487242FAF_zpsmztepqsl.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/hangingchads/4C610145-1974-41A4-9450-2AE487242FAF_zpsmztepqsl.jpg</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/hangingchads/media/Guns/968E7911-2C55-4983-94E5-9E6893E77204_zpsx5jfgcko.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/hangingchads/Guns/968E7911-2C55-4983-94E5-9E6893E77204_zpsx5jfgcko.jpg</a>

On its host for now till my Glock gets a threaded barrel. Finished off with Magpul flat dark earth C series Cerakote.
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/hangingchads/media/Guns/C78D72E8-D37E-46EA-9A36-8C05214A1C1F_zpsozyqugjb.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/hangingchads/Guns/C78D72E8-D37E-46EA-9A36-8C05214A1C1F_zpsozyqugjb.jpg</a>
View Quote

Looks great what lathe you using?
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:18:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By GO4SHOOT:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GO4SHOOT:

Im pretty happy with it.

End cap being done
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/hangingchads/media/4C610145-1974-41A4-9450-2AE487242FAF_zpsmztepqsl.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/hangingchads/4C610145-1974-41A4-9450-2AE487242FAF_zpsmztepqsl.jpg</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/hangingchads/media/Guns/968E7911-2C55-4983-94E5-9E6893E77204_zpsx5jfgcko.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/hangingchads/Guns/968E7911-2C55-4983-94E5-9E6893E77204_zpsx5jfgcko.jpg</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/hangingchads/media/Guns/C78D72E8-D37E-46EA-9A36-8C05214A1C1F_zpsozyqugjb.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/hangingchads/Guns/C78D72E8-D37E-46EA-9A36-8C05214A1C1F_zpsozyqugjb.jpg</a>

Thanks, It's a grizzly, forget the number but I believe it's a 10x22. Best money I've spent, really want a mill too but all in time.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 4:18:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Overton-AR] [#39]

Griffin Taper Mount - did you go with the GA minimalist one chamber?  If so, how long did your BC in up on this build. I am debating 1 or 2 chamber brake, 2 chamber would be about 2.3" BC - I have not figured what I would do for the BC if I go 1 chamber GA.

View Quote

I ended up going with the minimalist mount.  The TMB was backordered and I didn't feel like waiting.  Besides the minimalist was available in titanium, so I went that route.  Not sure on the length of the BC.....but it is pretty small.  I actually machined the stainless steel blast baffle for a "perfect fit" so don't plan on using a spacer in the blast chamber.  Just going with a friction fit and then will let a bit of "soot" build up in the BC.  I went this way on my 5.56 can and its working great so far.

I'll try and post some detailed pics of the BC size later today.

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:57:30 AM EDT
[#40]

I ended up going with the minimalist mount.  The TMB was backordered and I didn't feel like waiting.  Besides the minimalist was available in titanium, so I went that route.  Not sure on the length of the BC.....but it is pretty small.  I actually machined the stainless steel blast baffle for a "perfect fit" so don't plan on using a spacer in the blast chamber.  Just going with a friction fit and then will let a bit of "soot" build up in the BC.  I went this way on my 5.56 can and its working great so far.

View All Quotes

Thanks

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 2:23:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Baffle Stack......

Blast Chamber 2" (with Ti Griffin Minimalist Brake).....
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:34:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Very nice - thanks for taking time to post.

Looking forward to your input on the sound after you get it out to the range. This should be as good as anything commercial.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:51:23 PM EDT
[#43]
picked up my tube today.

Link Posted: 11/24/2016 11:53:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MTSNIPER] [#44]
Is there a significant sound difference between using formed freeze plugs and 60 degree cones from ZmachineworX?
Just wondering if its worth the money.
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 1:17:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By MTSNIPER:
Is there a significant sound difference between using formed freeze plugs and 60 degree cones from ZmachineworX?
View Quote

You're paying for durability too. Much better metal with the cones.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 6:32:38 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Yes,totally worth it. The 60 degree cone is more efficient and will last much longer and be much easier to remove if you want to clean it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 5:53:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Black Friday ZmachineworX cones ordered. Can't wait to try them out.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 6:36:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Black Friday ZmachineworX cones ordered. Can't wait to try them out.
View Quote

You will be happy
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:31:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MrJonesandMe] [#49]
Gents,

I'm looking to start a can, as soon as my form 1 clears. Here's what I have for specs so far

SDTac D-cell 7.6" Ti
Griffin adapter
D-cell end cap i Aluminum

Zmachineworx Ti cones
specifically, the 1.355" diameter ones, since if my research is correct, the ID of the Ti tube is 1.36", so i could imagine these would fit relatively snugly.

Considering the skirt is .688", and I want to go with a 1.5-2" blast chamber, I'll need 7 or 8 cones, I'll probably go with 8 on the side of caution.

Here are a few of my questions, how much of the inner length do the threads from the endcap and adapter take up? Does my build idea sound reasonable?
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:57:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By MrJonesandMe:
Gents,

I'm looking to start a can, as soon as my form 1 clears. Here's what I have for specs so far

SDTac D-cell 7.6" Ti
Griffin adapter
D-cell end cap i Aluminum

Zmachineworx Ti cones
specifically, the 1.355" diameter ones, since if my research is correct, the ID of the Ti tube is 1.36", so i could imagine these would fit relatively snugly.

Considering the skirt is .688", and I want to go with a 1.5-2" blast chamber, I'll need 7 or 8 cones, I'll probably go with 8 on the side of caution.

Here are a few of my questions, how much of the inner length do the threads from the endcap and adapter take up? Does my build idea sound reasonable?
View Quote

If you use the 2 port GA you need about 2.3" BC. If you go SDTA, get your tube then order your cones based upon measurements. The SDTA seem somewhat inconsistent on I.D. Have you looked at Apogee and DM tubes?  The endcap threads run around .400 in depth as I recall.

Have you been to the Form 1 Boards?

Page / 35
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top