Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2017 9:54:40 PM EDT
So it's been about a month that I've had this PCP armada and I am SO impressed with the accuracy and power.

My prior experience has all been old bb guns, co2 pistols, Springer gamo etc so I'm still shocked when this thing hits exactly what I'm aiming at....almost all the time! Lol.

This weekend I've taken out five squirrels, all were recovered and three dropped right where they were shot. The last one was on my roof and I took a poor quartering shot in the right upper thigh and it almost came out near his left armpit. Still only ran 8 feet before dying. Wow.

I'm sure this is considered a pretty basic setup in the world of expensive airgunz but I am really stoked to finally get the accuracy and lethality I wanted. Also almost completely silent when shooting it which is great, the impact makes more noise than the action.

I really see what I was missing before and now it makes me wonder what I'd get out of a higher end PCP rifle? I have definitely seen the light.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:25:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So it's been about a month that I've had this PCP armada and I am SO impressed with the accuracy and power.

My prior experience has all been old bb guns, co2 pistols, Springer gamo etc so I'm still shocked when this thing hits exactly what I'm aiming at....almost all the time! Lol.

This weekend I've taken out five squirrels, all were recovered and three dropped right where they were shot. The last one was on my roof and I took a poor quartering shot in the right upper thigh and it almost came out near his left armpit. Still only ran 8 feet before dying. Wow.

I'm sure this is considered a pretty basic setup in the world of expensive airgunz but I am really stoked to finally get the accuracy and lethality I wanted. Also almost completely silent when shooting it which is great, the impact makes more noise than the action.

I really see what I was missing before and now it makes me wonder what I'd get out of a higher end PCP rifle? I have definitely seen the light.
View Quote
Uh oh, sounds like you got bit and now you've coming down with airgun fever.   Whatever you do, don't start haunting the Classifieds over on the Yellow Forum, or money will start leaping out of your pocket
Seriously, the Marauder (which the Armada is, albeit with different furniture) is like the AR of the PCP world.  There are all kinds of things you can do with it.   If you are comfortable with taking the gun apart, go look at what companies like Wicked Air or Marmot Militia are putting out for your gun, you may want to just keep dumping money into your Armada.   Here is my current version of my Marauder:
:

I have a Huma Regulator sitting here in front of me, and at some point it will go in that gun.  I try not to think about how much money I've sunk into it, but it's totally worth it to me, I'm completely comfortable tearing it down to parade rest and rebuilding it.

Link Posted: 5/22/2017 8:42:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Uh oh, sounds like you got bit and now you've coming down with airgun fever.   Whatever you do, don't start haunting the Classifieds over on the Yellow Forum, or money will start leaping out of your pocket
Seriously, the Marauder (which the Armada is, albeit with different furniture) is like the AR of the PCP world.  There are all kinds of things you can do with it.   If you are comfortable with taking the gun apart, go look at what companies like Wicked Air or Marmot Militia are putting out for your gun, you may want to just keep dumping money into your Armada.   Here is my current version of my Marauder:
:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/gittelwl/20170129_164909.jpg

I have a Huma Regulator sitting here in front of me, and at some point it will go in that gun.  I try not to think about how much money I've sunk into it, but it's totally worth it to me, I'm completely comfortable tearing it down to parade rest and rebuilding it.

View Quote
I wasn't aware that they were modular like that, that's good to know!

What's the story with that wood bullpup style chassis in your photo? That looks nice and compact, what all is involved with the modification to get to that point?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 1:45:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Craftsman VIT stocks

Pretty easy conversion.   Mine looks longer because I extended the shroud and the air tubes.

ETA:  He has a rep in the US who sells his stocks.   Just email him via his Facebook page and he'll pass his domestic contact info to you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top