Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2017 10:53:23 PM EDT
It arrived, so far
Its huge, its heavy, its powerful, its accurate and its a bear trap to cock.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 12:05:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Took it out again today. It's getting easier to cock here's some chrono numbers
Crosman 14.3 domed ultra magnum
The sights are fiber optic front and rear, I'm not a big fan of them. The sight on my Diana 34 are better and better for aiming precisely. Still, the rife is quite accurate and doesn't seem overly hold sensitive. Did I mention the thing is Huge? I can see why people love the Terrus.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:29:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you get the wood or synthetic?   For the money, those look like a real bargain.   Your numbers look good, curious to see how they look after you get a couple of tins of pellets through it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 1:06:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Synthetic, it was dieseling and popping for awhile but stopped before I took those readings, it really needs a scope. Shots a 50 yards on paper looked promising but its hard to aim small that far with open sights. They probably never will, but these things need re designing. If the scopes good and low low you see the sights, and if you don't see the sights the scope is too high and it needs an elevation adjustable cheek piece
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:44:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Took it out again today, and the Diana 34 .177 and my '79 Sheridan Blue Streak. By far the nicest to shoot is the Sheridan. No recoil and great trigger, I guess I can see the appeal of PCP's.
Most shooting was at 25 yards. Anyway, the Parrus is a beast, 25 yards is too close for that thing. For fun I shot at the 100 yard target stands. It didn't take a lot of hold over to get there. Three full revolutions of the rear dial put it on at 100. The target backers are that plastic cardboard. It drilled through with a noticeable puff of dirt/dust flying up behind it. It still seems to not be hold sensitive, rested on bag or held firmly. It needs a scope because the open sights aren't good for precise aiming. I seriously think this could be a 75 yard gun.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:52:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Shot it a bunch yesterday, started at 50 yards and then moved to 25.
I put a (cringe) UTG Leapers 3-9x32 true hunter classic mil dot on it, its actually not terrible. The rings that come with seem pretty decent, 4 screws per cap with a stop pin.
It was shooting too high so I had to shim it. It also shot too far left and the scope didn't have enough windage because the last 10 clicks click but dont move the reticle. So then I had to shim for that too!
Anyway I got it pretty much on.
I shot a whole bunch of groups, these were the last ones. Earlier the H&N's were shooting worse than the JSB's then they did this. Before that the JSB's shot more like this without the fliers.
Also shot the Diana 34 with some new to me Crosman P 7.9 in the cardboard box, they dont seat consistently which causes erratic velocity IMO. I don't have a pellet seating tool so I used what I could find in my truck glove box, a chop stick! Chop stick seating tool.
Top group seated with thumb, bottom chop stick.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top