Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2017 10:47:52 PM EDT
I bought this refurb Hatsan for a decent price. Shooting with the open sights is fun, but I'd like to scope it. Looking on Pyramid Air, all I see are UTG, Leapers, etc... Scopes that I normally think of as low quality.  What's a decently priced scope that will handle the recoil?  All it needs to do is take me out to 25 yards or so, so I don't need a lot.  Just a fairly clear picture and won't jar loose under recoil.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:03:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm convinced nothing will work on that gun. The trigger is horrendous and the whole ergonomics are just bad. Give it away and buy something known to be good. Ever notice there's no Youtube videos on accuracy at any distance like 25 yards? Yes it functions, but crudely so.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 9:29:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I put a cheap centerpoint 3x9x40 from Wal Mart on mine 2yrs ago as well as my dads.  couple a 3 k pellets down range and still holds a zero.  Dont know about the above post as mine, my dads and a buddies shoot well.  Its not a $500 dollar air rifle but it shoots well.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had the same belief about leapers etc. as you. After reading a ton about airgun scopes, it seems this is where these scopes have a niche. Particularly the Leapers TS line. Cheap and tough. Perfect for an airgun. I plan on putting this on my RWS 34 when it arrives Friday.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EAI9ICE?tag=vglnk-c102-20
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 6:12:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've had the same belief about leapers etc. as you. After reading a ton about airgun scopes, it seems this is where these scopes have a niche. Particularly the Leapers TS line. Cheap and tough. Perfect for an airgun. I plan on putting this on my RWS 34 when it arrives Friday.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EAI9ICE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
View Quote
Yup. After a ton of reasearch I came to the same conclusion. That's the scope I put on my Diana 34. So far so good.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:28:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Hawke on my RWS 460.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 5:04:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I just saw these yesterday, part 1
Airgun Scopes ..The Ugly Truth

This guy seems like a good ol boy, I like him.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:58:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yup. After a ton of reasearch I came to the same conclusion. That's the scope I put on my Diana 34. So far so good.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EAI9ICE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
I have one like that I put on a 34.

It's plenty decent for airgun distance as far as glass, and the parallax adjustable to 5 or 10 yards is key on an air rifle.

One did break under warranty and I had to pay shipping both ways to get it replaced, which kinda rubbed me the wrong way.  

I kinda wish I got the bug buster, as it's more compact.  

There might be some cheap Nikon or Bushnell or something airgun qualified scopes; I'd get that next go around if I could find em with the appropriate adjustable settings.  The UTG return guy is super rude, lol.  He called me a cheap bastard in "Engrish" for questioning that  they were really gonna make me pay shipping both ways... and the model I got was discontinued and he lied about which model he was going to replace with.  Then he said he was gonna upgrade it until I started acting "cheap." True story.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 10:39:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I put a Nikon on my RWS 34 and my 48. Very clear glass. Way better than the butter tinted glass that came with the RWS 34 package scope.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 12:46:12 PM EDT
[#9]
This is the reply I received from Hawke Optics when I questioned them on which of their scopes will work on my FWB 124 D which is known to destroy scopes.

Thanks for your interest in Hawke Sport Optics. Here is the information you are needing to select the proper scope.

Vantage Models- Light Spring and Gas Piston Rilfes Only ( 12 FT LBS and under )
Airmax 1" and 30mm- Rated for all
Panorama Models- Rated for all
Endurance 1" and 30 mm- Rated for all
Sidewinders- Rated for all
Frontier Models - Rated for all
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top