Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2017 10:36:10 AM EDT
New to the high power break barrel air rifles and want one to just plink in the backyard while teaching the lil ones proper shooting safety. Also would like one for survival/SHTF situation for putting small game on the table when centerfire ammo is needed more for defense. This Beeman seems like a Great deal with 2 interchangeable barrels for either caliber and the price I've seen has me ready to jump on it, 100 bucks . Anyone have one ? Any issues besides the set screw for the barrel coming loose ?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:30:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:49:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Link?
View Quote
No link, seen it in person at my local Wally World From what I've read it gets 1200 fps .177 and 950 fps .22 from alloy pellets, 1000 fps .177 and 830 fps .22 from lead pellets.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:08:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Pyramid Air Link for Silver Kodiak Dual Caliber Combo

I can't comment because I have never seen one in person. However, because they don't say which specific pellet they tested to get that 1000 fps, I can only guess the energy level is roughly 14 - 16 ft*lbs.

That isn't light or medium as far as springers go, so the kids may have a hard time getting tight groups. Spring guns are technique sensitive, so be aware.

For $100, don't expect an elegant rig or scope, you can't get a bbl blank for that much. As long as you are okay with rough hardware, you can't go wrong for backyard fun.

I would say save up and go with an entry level rig like an R7  or R9 and you will have something to hang onto.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:19:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Considering what the known good Beemans cost some corners were obviously cut, but it appears to work pretty good.
REVIEW: Beeman Dual Caliber Air Rifle .177 and .22 - X2 RS2
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:57:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pyramid Air Link for Silver Kodiak Dual Caliber Combo

I can't comment because I have never seen one in person. However, because they don't say which specific pellet they tested to get that 1000 fps, I can only guess the energy level is roughly 14 - 16 ft*lbs.

That isn't light or medium as far as springers go, so the kids may have a hard time getting tight groups. Spring guns are technique sensitive, so be aware.

For $100, don't expect an elegant rig or scope, you can't get a bbl blank for that much. As long as you are okay with rough hardware, you can't go wrong for backyard fun.

I would say save up and go with an entry level rig like an R7  or R9 and you will have something to hang onto.
View Quote
WOW !!!! I'm a total noob to air rifles and those Higher End Beemans are pricey !!! Almost fell off my seat !!! Been hearing good things on my search about the Hatsan 95 ? But I do like that you can pick 177 or 22 in one package for the Beeman.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 3:39:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Yup, not cheap.

Nothing wrong with jumping in and getting the ball rolling. Just be warned how addicting it can be...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top