Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2017 10:28:59 PM EDT
Just inherited a Feinwerkbau Model 65 pistol. My dad bought it when they first came into the country, so it's an early model. 

Wondering whether to spend the time and money to replace some springs and gaskets. Don't think it's had much maintenance in the last 50yrs but it's in excellent condition.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:37:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know that particular pistol, but that brand has a loyal following in some of the high echelons of competitive shooting.....

Their closest competition (they are about equal in accuracy/quality) is Anchutz.

I always preferred Anchutz, but that's just me.

Just knowing what brand it is makes further investigation into its worth, worth investigating.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 2:11:53 AM EDT
[#2]
This is a very cool pistol. Used to shoot one in college. They are very accurate spring piston air pistols.

The nice thing is you don't have to mess with compressed air or CO2 but it is heavy by today's international air pistol standards.

Regardless I would get it up and running and shoot it. Daily.

Check with I.S.S. (International Shooting Sports) in Ft. Worth, TX . I think Neal might have the parts you need.

Get some 10 meter air pistol targets, wad cutter pellets and a pellet trap and have fun.
Finals 10m Air Pistol Men - ISSF World Cup in all events 2012, London (GBR)
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 2:30:26 AM EDT
[#3]
It is well worth shooting by any standards.

I would give it a try or have it fixed if you find it needs work. There are definitely folks around who have the parts and can fix it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 7:04:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I still have my Feinwerkbau 65 and it is still amazing.  The number of people that shoot better than it does can be counted on one hand.  Here is a link that will give you some perspective on it.Feinwerkbau 65 comments
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 7:44:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a FWB 80, which is just a 65 without the recoilless lock-out and a bit more adjustment to the trigger. It's a nice gun. Takes a bit of getting used to but if you like shooting 10 meter pistol it will serve you well.

BTW, I would recommend you sending it to an expert for service. I've used David Slade's Airgunwerks in the past and was totally satisfied.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top