Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2016 12:35:20 PM EDT
Hey all...

Didnt really know there was an airgun section, or would have asked about this before now.

Have a .177 benjamin model 347, I got circa +/- 1979.

I'd like to do a complete gasket overhaul on it. The o rings, the felt gaskets, the roll pins holding the pump lever.

Also, something broke on the cocking mechanism, that now allows the 'bolt' to move while it is cocked and loaded. Allowing the pellet to fall out.
The springs that provides resistance when cocking is still there and functioning properly. But something else has broken over the years, that needs attention.

Any recommendations to a trusted vendor of repair kits, would be appreciated. Insight to what needs replaced on the cocking assembly that allows the bolt to flop in the wind, would also be great.

ETA:
Also would like to replace any/all springs that are used.

~-~-~-~- ghetto sig line....Looking for a Sears and Roebuck, 20ga pump shotgun, Ted Williams model w/ external adjustable choke. Send me IM to discuss -~-~-~-~

Link Posted: 10/10/2016 6:55:44 PM EDT
[#1]
This isn't a close call, and I don't just say that because I already do business with him and consider him a friend.

I can go anywhere I need to, but if I needed what you do, I would go to Mac-1 and have that baby dolled up!

Tim took those things to a level I never imagined till I stumbled into his shop. Give his web site a look, but then give him a call to talk about what you want done on yours.

He can go from stock to hot rod is the best metaphor I can come up with.

http://www.mac1airgun.com/steroidbenjaminsstreaks.html

I used these when I was a kid shooting river rats and musk rats, wait till you see what he can do to one.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 7:22:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, will give him a call to pick his brain. Need to figure out what needs to be replaced on the cocking mechanism.

Just looking for repair kit(s). Pretty mechanically inclined, so wouldnt be sending it off for service. Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 9:33:51 PM EDT
[#3]
He sells repair parts, kits, and he gives very honest advice.

When you get a chance, you should look into his valve mods and the Steroid Streaks. Life is short, go for the good stuff....
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 9:58:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll second this recommendation.   Timmy Mac is the man to go to for old Benjys and Dans.   Great old rifle, btw.   I have a weakness for 70's era 340 family pumpers.   Not that long ago I saw a 347 in great shape still in the original box with the original unopened green can pellets for sale on the AA, but I was too slow and missed it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 3:56:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Had a nice conversation w/ the owner. Real pleasant and helpful guy.
Got a parts list put together. Turns out mine was a pre 1978.
Sounds like a design change happened right about that time.

Thanks for the recommendation
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 12:44:10 AM EDT
[#6]
In for the range report when you have her working again!
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 7:39:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In for the range report when you have her working again!
View Quote

Will post an update in a few months. My gun buying funds are going into pre election buying

~-~-~-~- ghetto sig line....Looking for a Sears and Roebuck, 20ga pump shotgun, Ted Williams model w/ external adjustable choke. Send me IM to discuss -~-~-~-~

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:28:23 PM EDT
[#8]
A few years back he steroided my 1976 342 Benji and it is strong! I have had this gun since brand new and Wow. As long as you live by the rules of a steroid mod you will be happy.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 9:41:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Any updates?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top