Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2016 7:09:50 AM EDT
Hey everyone I am trying to help a older co worker out, he said he has this gamo air rifle he bought to shoot bunnies and such in his yard (lives in town) and he said no matter what he does he cant hit shit with this gun so he was wanting to see if I can sight it in for him.

he gave me a tin of ammo and the gun and said see what I can do. last night I went to shoot this thing and at 25 yards there was a spread of about 1 foot. What the heck!  his rifle is the gamo Hornet with the fixed 4 power scope.

What are everyones thoughts ? with the brake action of this I cant try and look down the bore to check scope. I am just trying to get this thing close and want to see if its a scope issue or a gun issue. and maybe the people in the airgun forum have some suggestion for me.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 7:30:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey everyone I am trying to help a older co worker out, he said he has this gamo air rifle he bought to shoot bunnies and such in his yard (lives in town) and he said no matter what he does he cant hit shit with this gun so he was wanting to see if I can sight it in for him.

he gave me a tin of ammo and the gun and said see what I can do. last night I went to shoot this thing and at 25 yards there was a spread of about 1 foot. What the heck!  his rifle is the gamo Hornet with the fixed 4 power scope.

What are everyones thoughts ? with the brake action of this I cant try and look down the bore to check scope. I am just trying to get this thing close and want to see if its a scope issue or a gun issue. and maybe the people in the airgun forum have some suggestion for me.
View Quote

If it has iron sights pull the scope and check to see how it does without it.  If not try to install another scope, make sure all the screws are tight also.

Also check all the screws that hold the stock to the upper.  They can easily come loose and cause problems.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 7:54:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If it has iron sights pull the scope and check to see how it does without it.  If not try to install another scope, make sure all the screws are tight also.

Also check all the screws that hold the stock to the upper.  They can easily come loose and cause problems.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

A little bit of Google-fu shows some people reporting the same problems with that particular gun. Amazon 1-star reviews

I don't think there's any irons on it, so swap out a scope.  If it's the same issue then try to contact Gamo customer service.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 11:56:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Might see if one of the suppressor baffles is loose?
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 10:34:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Might see if one of the suppressor baffles is loose?
View Quote

No supressor

I talked to him about it today he wants to try some different ammo then he's going to call the company and see if they will do squat otherwise prob can it
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#5]
The problem is it`s a Gamo. Better quality out there to not get head aches from quality control issues.

The cheapest I would buy is RWS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top