Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2017 5:51:32 PM EDT
I'm trying to figure out what pattern rings the GSR uses. I see a lot of options on Rugers website but none are specific to the gunsite. I'm also trying to figure out what height the rings are. The rear is taller than the front because the receiver height is different. I would like to use the taller ring on the front and get an even taller ring for the rear, if possible. There rear ring has a 5 on it and the front has a 4 on it. Can anyone tell me what height they are and if a taller one would work?
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 9:41:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I am unaware of heights for Ruger pattern rings other than stock ones, but that could just be me. If you want different rings in the traditional location for scope mounting, get the XS rail that covers the action, and then you have a standard 1913 interface.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:00:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am unaware of heights for Ruger pattern rings other than stock ones, but that could just be me. If you want different rings in the traditional location for scope mounting, get the XS rail that covers the action, and then you have a standard 1913 interface.
View Quote
I'm talking about the stock rings. I want to use one that came with the gun and order another from Ruger.

I've thought about the XS rail, but I think I can get the scope mounted lower than with that rail. I might be wrong though. It will also save me $80.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 3:09:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Call or email Ruger. They will usually give you the rings you want or need. I often swap my 1" rings for 30mm rings (and they usually just give them to me). Contacting Ruger will likely be your best bet.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 6:41:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Fyi,
3s are low
4s are.medium
5s are highs
6s are xtra high
Leteers after number are for color, blue, stainless, target grey etc
So if you use a 5 on the front youll need a 6 on the rear
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 12:56:08 PM EDT
[#5]
My GSR came with a standard medium set (5 and 4). To change it to a low set, you need a 4 and 3. If you call Ruger and tell them the size you need they will send it for free. I received two #3 rings last year at no charge plus some additional parts by simply calling Ruger and requesting them.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 3:18:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I emailed Ruger and haven't heard back. Does anyone know what "family" of rings they are in? I see a lot of options on Rugers website but none are for the GSR.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 3:53:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I emailed Ruger and haven't heard back. Does anyone know what "family" of rings they are in? I see a lot of options on Rugers website but none are for the GSR.
View Quote
They are standard M77/Hawkeye rings. Also, calling will get an immediate response.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top