Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2017 3:16:08 PM EDT
Wife picked me up a ruger American ranch in 556 last year for Christmas. Didn't really play with it much until this winter and found that it was prone to light strikes on military primers.. 193 and the like.

Called ruger and they had the rifle picked up and delivered back to me within a week, they paid for shipping both ways.

No more light strikes and the worst part for me was remounting the optic and resighting it in.

O' and talking to the tech guy over the phone he admitted that the light strike issue is pretty common so if you've only used hand loads or non mil type ammo in yours you may want to look for it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 3:21:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Wife picked me up a ruger American ranch in 556 last year for Christmas. Didn't really play with it much until this winter and found that it was prone to light strikes on military primers.. 193 and the like.

Called ruger and they had the rifle picked up and delivered back to me within a week, they paid for shipping both ways.

No more light strikes and the worst part for me was remounting the optic and resighting it in.

O' and talking to the tech guy over the phone he admitted that the light strike issue is pretty common so if you've only used hand loads or non mil type ammo in yours you may want to look for it.
View Quote

Always had great luck with Ruger's Customer service.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 6:29:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I expected the title to be more ironic than real.  I'm glad they took care of you.  I own a couple Ruger guns, and I'm glad to know they stand by them.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Good to know.  I lost a thread protector and they set me right up at no cost.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 8:20:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Always wondered why they couldn't just receive just the bolt back. I would think it would either be the spring or the firing pin length. I had the same issue on a M77 3006  back in the early 90's . Except it was with any ammo . They took care of me. WD
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:14:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Always wondered why they couldn't just receive just the bolt back. I would think it would either be the spring or the firing pin length. I had the same issue on a M77 3006  back in the early 90's . Except it was with any ammo . They took care of me. WD
View Quote
I thought the same thing, but they insisted on getting the entire rifle.

I did chuckle a little when I looked at the warranty slip "polished the chamber" is what they listed as the fix... um yeah, you fixed it but we all know polishing the chamber wasn't the issue
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 6:26:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I called them about feeding issues with my RAR .300 BO and they sent me two new magazines.  Haven't tried it again since then (was getting feeding failures with the two extras I bought...the one that came with the rifle seemed fine).

While on the phone, I mentioned failures to fire (apparent light primer strikes) and he told me that was known with only Barnes and Barnes-made Remington ammo.  Told me it should handle anything else just fine.

Rob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top