Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2017 9:41:32 AM EDT
thinking of maybe picking up a 77 Hawkeye in 7mm-08 and would like to get some info on them

I had the opportunity to shoot a Liberty model 77 in .25-06 that I was pretty impressed with and have handled a Hawkeye in .243
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 1:24:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Ruger M77 Hawkeye in 7mm Rem Mag and its pretty accurate, easily sub MOA with ammo it likes. I also have a Ruger Hawkeye African in 9.3x62 and it too is sub MOA. I used to hear stories about accuracy issues with some of the ruger bolt actions, but both of mine are top notch. I am still a Tikka fan first and foremost and have a T3 Lite in 7-08 that shoots federal fusions at about 3/8" at 100 easily.  Not trying to dissuade you from Ruger, they seem to be good to go.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:16:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I had an M77 in .243 once upon a time.  It was an excellent rifle and I miss it.  It was at least MOA with a cheap scope and Winchester factory ammo.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 12:40:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got one in .338 win mag and another in 375 Ruger.  I drug them both all over the interior of AK (on my back and strapped to the front of my four wheeler).  I'd trust my life to both of those rifles.  They are sturdy, well built, and will hit what you aim at as long as you do your part.  I'd like to have one in 30-06 as well, to cover my hunting requirements for the lower 48.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 6:04:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I have two: African 223 and Alaskan 416. Love them.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 5:14:10 PM EDT
[#5]
No experience yet because I just ordered it...an RSI "International" model in .275 Rigby (7mm Mauser).  Have heard generally favorable reviews of it.

Rob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top