Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2017 1:32:12 AM EDT
Hello guys, all bullshit aside, can anyone tell me what most people are using on Mini 14's these days. I'm interested in something simple, yet built to take plenty of abuse while still holding zero, that won't break the bank. 30mm single ring or rail works for me, as long as I have quick and easy  accessibility to the factory iron sights. So what comes to mind?
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 4:42:29 AM EDT
[#1]
primary arms red dot, single ruger 30mm mount. 50 yard zero. 

Link Posted: 2/1/2017 5:38:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks pretty clean and simple. I like it
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 1:25:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one question though on that setup, and that is what happenes to the bottom of the scope from brass being ejected? Granted my mini is the newer version, where brass is ejected at a different angle, I'm still concerned about damage. Anyone else run into this issue?
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 6:33:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one question though on that setup, and that is what happenes to the bottom of the scope from brass being ejected? Granted my mini is the newer version, where brass is ejected at a different angle, I'm still concerned about damage. Anyone else run into this issue?
View Quote
Valid question.

In addition, I wonder what type of weld one gets with a red dot that high up.  A cheek weld looks out of the question so are we talking a chin weld?
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 8:05:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I was thinking of something along the lines of perhaps a  Bushnell TRS25 (  I think that's what it's called ) red dot mounted on a rail in place of the handguard, but since these hand guards snap onto the  barrel,  I am curious as to how well they hold zero?Whatcha think?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 6:46:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

If a red dot cant handle brass hitting it, you bought junk.
Warne QD with PA red dot works great.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 8:41:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Ultimak rail with a Primary Arms Fixed Base Micro Dot.  Small and light.  It cowitnesses with the iron sights (barely).  Plus, unlike the taller mounts pictured above, you can still get a normal cheek weld on the stock, without having to resort to risers or pads, or settling for a chin/neck weld.  

Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:12:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

my brass tends to get flung to the right, 10 to 15 feet away...there are a couple of marks on the bottom of my scope, not sure if it is from the brass or something else tho. i would figure if it was from the brass, then there would be an ass load of marks on the bottom of the scope.

the cheek weld is kinda high, by an inch or so, but i can still hold my cheek against the comb of the stock. 
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:29:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got an Ultimak rail and an Ultradot 30mm Match dot on mine.  Works great.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 5:18:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have a Ranch Rifle made around 1993, and it was designed to angle eject.  If I had to guess, any of the Mini models with integral scope mounts would be angle eject as well.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:32:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top