Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2017 5:15:35 PM EDT
Does any one know where I can get my hands on a Ruger 6970?   American Rifle Ranch Compact 300 BO.   Want one for my daughter.  

I can get a 6968, but I think a compact will be more comfortable for her.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:12:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep...kind of what I have found....
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 4:31:30 PM EDT
[#2]
OUt of stock everywhere I checked. 
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 5:29:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OUt of stock everywhere I checked. 
View Quote

Me too.  I may have missed the boat on them.  Ruger doesnt have them on their site any more either.  I may just have to get creative for her a bolt 300.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 1:32:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Boyds makes stocks for them and you can order whatever LOP you want.  

That said, the stock should be the usual hollow blown stuff.  So if you are good with tools, you could cut it down to the right LOP, use an epoxy/whatever to build up new screw mounting holes inside the shorter stock, and go that way.

Or keep an eye on the EE.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 8:07:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I found an online store that had 1 in stock, but was worried about the purchase, so I went ahead and got a 6968 standard size.

I see I can buy a Ruger compact stock for about $80 (from what I have read so far they will swap).....or for about double that get a Boyds stock.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 8:29:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, I found an online store that had 1 in stock, but was worried about the purchase, so I went ahead and got a 6968 standard size.

I see I can buy a Ruger compact stock for about $80 (from what I have read so far they will swap).....or for about double that get a Boyds stock.
View Quote

I'm in the same boat.  Really want the 12.5 LOP offered by the compact, just hate shelling out more money for that option.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 5:12:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I was in the same boat.  I saw Ruger no longer lists this model on it's site.  I ended up getting one through Gallery of Guns.  I paid ~$430 out the door.  Not the best price I've seen, but it was available.

Edit:. I just checked GOG and got quotes as low as $401.49.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 6:47:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Gallery of guns was showing them back in stock a month ago!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top