Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2016 12:28:48 PM EDT
Here

I didn't know Ruger was selling stripped lowers. Now I have to decide, Aero or Ruger....Looks like this might be a limited run? Over run?
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 12:41:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Why? Just get a known stripped lower and be done with it. No one is building ruger replica rifles...

V
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 1:07:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why? Just get a known stripped lower and be done with it. No one is building ruger replica rifles...

V
View Quote

Would have to agree... why?  I've been disappointed by every centerfire Ruger I've ever purchased
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 2:30:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I just thought it was interesting is all. Ruger has finally gotten into the AR game, and then suppressors, now offering lowers.. I just like what I'm seeing in that regard.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just thought it was interesting is all. Ruger has finally gotten into the AR game, and then suppressors, now offering lowers.. I just like what I'm seeing in that regard.
View Quote

I actually just noticed this today. I personally think it is pretty cool. I'd like to build an A1, A2 or A4 style rifle with the Ruger lower. Ruger is making money right now on its M4 clone and I get that they are probably not interested in delving into full length DI AR rifles, but maybe down the road they can get into those as well.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:56:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought 2 for the novelty. Should be picking them up later today.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 7:43:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I just had two Ruger roll mark stripped lowers put back at my local shop for 99 a piece, I'm buying them because it's a good deal for a lower around here and I dig the Ruger logo.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 3:35:25 PM EDT
[#7]
They are $89 around here, I would probably buy one if I needed a lower or at least consider it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 1:59:38 AM EDT
[#8]
I have many Ruger wheel guns, a few Ruger bolt action rifles, 3 10-22s, a mini 30 and a mini 14.
I still have a bad taste in my mouth for how Ruger sold us out in regards to civilian sales of NORMAL capacity magazines...dead horse I know.
Even now as they seem to be coming around, factory mags for the mini are ridiculously high compared to an AR.
I don't want to give Ruger a chance to cash in on the popularity of the AR 15, A rifle they said civilians shouldn't own all those years ago.
So many AR makers to choose from, Ruger is not on my list..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top