Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2016 3:51:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:17:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Todd Dow (the guy who wrote the blog in the second link) makes a hell of a sling. I think I've got 5 or 6 of them now. I'll never spend money on another sling again. To me they feel every bit as stable as my old leather USGI shooting sling without taking time to set up prior to taking a shot.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 2:05:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 6:13:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Per his latest blog post, not only is he soon to discontinue his blogging, but also sling making once materials run out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Todd Dow (the guy who wrote the blog in the second link) makes a hell of a sling. I think I've got 5 or 6 of them now. I'll never spend money on another sling again. To me they feel every bit as stable as my old leather USGI shooting sling without taking time to set up prior to taking a shot.

Per his latest blog post, not only is he soon to discontinue his blogging, but also sling making once materials run out.

Check the dates again, that last blog post was last year. He's still doing slings albet at a lower volume than he used to crank them out. I just got two more from him last month.

http://rifle-craft.com/ordering-info/
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 6:40:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 5:16:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 3:08:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Love andy's slings. Have them on my GSRs and a ching on my Steyr. he makes a great yaqui slide for the 1911 too
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 11:55:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll vouch for Andy's Ching sling. Mine still looks great despite being fielded often and it's well made.

For those that didn't serve in the military, the Jeff Cooper book Art of the Rifle provides good instruction on improvised shooting positions and how to use the scout style sling. It improved my field shooting and hunting skill set. I don't especially love the tone and philosophical writing style, but the photos help support your learning.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 7:38:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 9:52:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm new to Scout Rifles having just gotten a Ruger and a Mossberg, but I have one of Andy's Rhodesian's on the Ruger GSR.  Love that sling.  It would definitely be a good sling for rifles other than scouts as well.  Earl
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 9:23:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 11:03:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Another good option for a Rhodesian type alternative is a Blue Force VCAS. I'm using them on a couple rifle including my GSR.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top