Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2016 4:36:11 PM EDT
Any real reason to get the predator over the ranch?  Looking at it in .223 (5.56), shots will be 300 yds or less and it will be suppressed (yhm phantom).  Paper mainly and occasionally used for predator hunting coyote, fox, and lynx.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 5:25:50 PM EDT
[#1]
the only you are gaining is 6" of barrel length with the predator. if you are only shooting to 300yds the 16" will work fine. I was shooting a 4" steel plate at 200 yards with my ranch using cheap pmc bronze fmj ammo. hit the plate round for round for 20 rounds.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Isn't the Ranch 223/5.56, and the Predator 223 only ?
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 5:54:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Isn't the Ranch 223/5.56, and the Predator 223 only ?
View Quote

yes, that's a good point too
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 5:58:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Stick with the Ranch. I prefer the shorter barrel as it ends up being as long as the Predator with the suppressor installed. I liked mine so much I bought the 300 BLK Ranch as well!
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 1:20:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Stick with the Ranch. I prefer the shorter barrel as it ends up being as long as the Predator with the suppressor installed. I liked mine so much I bought the 300 BLK Ranch as well!
View Quote

After looking some more I am going to pick up the ranch.  The shorter length with the suppressor, lighter weight, outweigh the negligible loss in velocity for my uses.  I wish there were more stock options for the American.  I personally don't like the MDT LSS and after checking with them MDT isn't planning on making the HS3 for the American, XLR isn't making a chasis for the American at all.  I am probably going to end up with the boyds pro varmint and doing some modifications to it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:39:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Please put up some pictures if you put a Boyds on it!
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:18:04 PM EDT
[#7]
What kind of accuracy can one expect from a Ranch model?
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 5:20:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

With hand loads I regularly shoot just over 1 MOA from a lead sled. Though not typical, I recently shot a .464" group from 85 yards using IMR 4895 and Hornady 55 gr Soft Point with cannelure and a SilencerCo Harvester mounted. It is not a bullseye rifle but the accuracy has really surprised me and it is much better than most need in the typical hunting situation.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 6:58:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

300BLK Ranch. 110gn nosler varmageddon over h110 at 100yrds shot off of bags. This is the rifles best group to date but they don't get much worse. I have been impressed with these American series rifles, for the cost it's hard to find a better shooter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top