Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2016 1:54:42 PM EDT
Local gun store has a 180 series mini 14 for sale. Metal is in good shape, stock has normal dings and scuffs. It includes 2 30 round ruger mags. The rifle is a police trade in. It does not have flash hider and bayonette lug.

What is a fair price?
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 5:53:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Just FYI, Ruger doesn't make parts for and will not do warranty service on a 180 model Mini-14.

So if something breaks, you're on your own as far as sourcing a replacement part.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 12:16:44 PM EDT
[#2]
The above is true and Ruger will not even re-blue them.  But its not a carbine "I" would take to a Carbine Course and run a couple thousand rounds through her.  I have one that I paid $500 for in overall good to slightly less than good condition with a seriously dinged up stock and wooden handguard, but it had one of the early 20rd factory magazine .

In my case, I'm still trying to find somebody to make an exact copy of the original stock and a matching handguard in walnut.  She is basically a safe queen since its mainly for sentimental reasons... I was with my father as a young teenager when he bought one back in 1976 and it was one of the guns that got me into military/para-military firearms.

If those two 30rd magazines are true Ruger factory pre-ban versions, "I" would say that $550-$600 is fair to good...  If they're aftermarket mags, $500 would be my max and I try to hold out for $425-$450.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 3:54:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked up one made in 1976 just a few weeks ago. I got mine for $425 before sales tax. Shoots quiet well and was quite fun. I won't shoot it a bunch maybe just 500 to 1000 rounds a year at the most. I only bought it since I got it pretty cheap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top