Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2016 10:06:35 PM EDT
Where can I get one of the short LOP stocks that came on the Ranch rifle  #5820 ?
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 4:33:40 PM EDT
[#1]
The Ruger model 5820 doesn't have a shorter synthetic stock. The LOP is 13" for both the Model 5817 and 5820.  The length difference between the two versions is in the barrel as the 5820 has a 16
?" barrel while the 5817 has an 18"
barrel.  

If you want a shorter stock, I have a birch stocked 583 Series Ranch Rifle and I cut 1" off of my buttstock plus added a Tech Sights rear sight (it moved the aperture back
½
") to reduce the 'Heel to Aperture' distance from 15
½
" down to 14"; the same as my M1 Garand, M1A, and M1 Carbine.  I think it looks just fine and now I don't have to stretch my neck to get a good sight picture.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top