Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2016 7:03:45 PM EDT
I have owned a Ruger Mini-14 since 1995, when I payed a whopping $249 USD for it. While going through my safe, I started to play with it and realized how light it was, and remembered it was a fun shooting gun. Based on this, plus prices for Mini-14's through the roof,  I decided I wanted to get some work done to it. When I bought it, the Clinton AWB was in full effect, and was able to purchase six Promag or USA magazines with it. I know, I know, I heard the after market magazines are garbage, but I did some research online, and if you replace the magazine follower, spring, and baseplate, they are actually reliable. I do have two OEM Ruger 20 round magazines, so at least I can feed the rifle if need to be.

The first thing I did was strip the finish, degrease magazines, and refinish them using Perma Slik. The magazine(s) finish came out great, and was able to order OEM Ruger Mini-14 followers and Wolff Extra Power Mini-14 magazine springs for all the magazines. However, I cannot find any magazine floor plates for them. Anyone know where I can buy some?
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 11:07:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 9:00:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Numrick

Unmarked

Marked
View Quote

Unfortunately they don't fit. Need the metal floor plates, just like the ones that come on the Ruger Factory 20 and 30 round magazines
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 4:54:18 PM EDT
[#3]
How many do you need?  They are easy to manufacture, I've made many for 922R magazines for various firearms.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top