Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2015 4:07:49 PM EDT
Found a RARR in 300 blackout about a week ago and it finally arrived at the FFL dealer the other night. Finally had a chance to go pick it up. I'd been searching for a compact type rifle for my daughter to use when she starts hunting with me. Needed something that was a decent caliber and could knock down deer, albeit the deer here in Texas aren't very big, and also not have a kick to it. 300BO just about fit that bill and the RARR is small enough for her to just about handle. Haven't had a chance to go play with it yet but hopefully soon. Trying to see if I can wait until my new suppressor gets here to go try it out, but I'm not really that patient. Anyway, here are pictures of the RARR in 300BO with a Primary Arms 1-6x24 ACSS scope designed for 300 BO and my RAR Predator in 308 with a Primary Arms 4-14x44 ACSS HUD scope.

Link Posted: 12/10/2015 4:54:25 PM EDT
[#1]

It'll work just fine on deer
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 4:55:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Whats the story on the flag?
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 5:01:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/10/2015 6:53:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was a gift from the gentleman that built my house. He figured I'd like it since I'm a veteran. He figured right! I think it went up on the wall before our family pictures did.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 2:03:12 PM EDT
[#5]
How do you like the PA scope on the Predator?
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 4:17:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How do you like the PA scope on the Predator?
View Quote

I LOVE the PA scope on the predator! There's a 1,000 yard range about an hour from me that I've been to and the bullet drops were accurate out to 500 yards really easy with only a 100 yard zero. It was sorta windy that day as well so I didn't go much past 500 yards. I'll be going back hopefully soon, once this texas weather makes up its mind. Especially after getting the last toy I've been waiting on for the 300 blackout in last night!

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 6:01:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I just picked one up and have had about 50% light primer strikes. Pisses me off because I love the gun. I'm calling Ruger on Monday.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 3:58:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just picked one up and have had about 50% light primer strikes. Pisses me off because I love the gun. I'm calling Ruger on Monday.
View Quote

They will send you a FedEx label;

you ship you gun;

they will then fix it;

return to you;

it comes back dinged up and scratched with a damaged stock.

Your experience may be different than mine.

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 6:59:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

you ship you gun;

they will then fix it;

return to you;

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you ship you gun;

they will then fix it;

return to you;

I sent mine back yesterday. We will see what happens. They told me to stick with Gorilla ammo. I told her I wanted it to work with any SAAMI spec ammo, so she sent me a label.

Is yours problem free now?
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:54:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I sent mine back yesterday. We will see what happens. They told me to stick with Gorilla ammo. I told her I wanted it to work with any SAAMI spec ammo, so she sent me a label.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

you ship you gun;

they will then fix it;

return to you;

Seems to be.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:32:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Seems to be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

you ship you gun;

they will then fix it;

return to you;

Seems to be.

They kept my rifle and won't give it back. They are replacing it with the 5.56 model. Sucks they can't make a bolt action rifle correctly.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:58:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They kept my rifle and won't give it back. They are replacing it with the 5.56 model. Sucks they can't make a bolt action rifle correctly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

you ship you gun;

they will then fix it;

return to you;

Seems to be.

Seems fair and close enough (hopefully you get sarcasm), what the fuck Ruger, what a bunch of shit, I assume they made the offer and you accepted, did they say why no 300AAC for you?

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:44:15 PM EDT
[#13]
They said the RAR was "very ammo specific" and their techs couldn't make it work with the ammo that I preferred to shoot. I told them I already had a bunch of Remington, Hornady and Barnes. Wtf! It's not like I was asking to shoot reloads or no name brands.

I'm torn on what to do. I could just keep the 5.56 for my sons, or sell it and get the 700AAC in 300BLK. What really pissed me off, is that I already have a Sig 7.62 QD mount for my can and a Nikon P300 scope for it. I don't know what to do.

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:26:23 AM EDT
[#14]
I have a new one as well, it misfired on some Remington Ammo about 50% of the time.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 5:26:31 AM EDT
[#15]
I have two of the RAR 5.56 rifles (mine and the Wife's). Nice little rifles, haven't had any problems with either one, after about 200 rounds a piece. Sucks that they have issues with the 300BO. I'm taking it that "gorilla" is a brand of ammo?
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:08:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Mine's been 100% w/ Federal so far.
Was going to try some Rem Green/Yellow box to see if it had better accuracy - hoping I don't have any issues.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:14:03 PM EDT
[#17]
My 2 RARR's in 300 Blackout would not fire about 4% of the time with hard cup primers (Wolf KVB223M), but fire 100% with regular (CCI 400 or Wolf KVB223) primers.  I set the cartridge headspace on my reloads to SAAMI specs with a Sheridan gauge.  MIne are in the 50000 and 30000 serial number range.  2 friends bought their's from the same shipment to same dealer.  Their's were in the 60000 range a few serial numbers apart.  Both had MANY failures to fire with a variety of ammo, even with gaged to SAMMI spec reloads.  On 1, Ruger had the whole rifle shipped back.  On the other, Ruger only wanted the bolt.  In both cases the repaired rifles now fire 100%.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 12:07:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Any update if Ruger has fixed the issue with 300blk primers not going off?
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 10:46:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ill bump as also curious. Thinking of picking up one of these in a few months.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 12:51:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've got a suppressor in jail and think this would be a good hunting combo.  So I'm really interested in a bolt action 300blk for many reasons.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 1:48:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've had one for quite a while and had zero issues. I think the issues were a vocal minority.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 9:53:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I've had one for quite a while and had zero issues. I think the issues were a vocal minority.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here, I've fired about 250 rounds both sub and supersonic using the Wolf KVB223M primers and no ignition issues.

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:46:22 PM EDT
[#23]
I got one in June. Finally took it to the range this week. It fired only 3 of 8 rounds of Remington Umc. It was the only ammo I had. I didn't realize this was a problem. I guess I'd better give Ruger a call.
On the bright side, I expect my form 4 for a rugged surge will be cleared any day now.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 8:04:33 PM EDT
[#24]
No issues with mine..I reload and neck size after the first firing.

Excessive headspace coupled with factory ammo that has its shoulders pushed further back to ensure reliable operation in AR rifles is more than likely the primary culprit for light primer strikes.

400 Yard Subsonic Video
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 8:49:33 PM EDT
[#25]
My AAC Handi is reliable with the 7 types of 300blk  I used.
Perhaps you could try one ?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:05:18 AM EDT
[#26]
FWIW, I've got a very very early production .300BLK RAR and it shoots great. I've run several varieties of my handloads (CCI, Federal and Winchester primers), Freedom Munitions reloads, and Federal, Barnes, Remington, Gemtech and Fiocchi(spelling?) without any issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top