Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2015 5:29:23 PM EDT
Topped with a MK4 lr mildot with M3 turrets.

Got the rifle off GB sold as a 'limited edition" but i suspect the dealer is full of it,  havent seen it mentioned in any catalogs and the stock bedding looks amateurish not to mention is was sold without a box....

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 5:33:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Topped with a MK4 lr mildot with M3 turrets.

Got the rifle off GB sold as a 'limited edition" but i suspect the dealer is full of it,  havent seen it mentioned in any catalogs and the stock bedding looks amateurish not to mention is was sold without a box....

<a href="http://s1114.photobucket.com/user/JohnSmith6073/media/IMG_20151120_141134_zpszflmyrbf.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k537/JohnSmith6073/IMG_20151120_141134_zpszflmyrbf.jpg</a>
View Quote

Ruger doesn't sell them like that, if that's what you're asking. It probably is a job done by who ever you got it from.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 6:25:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Figured as much since it had no box. Was trying to avoid the flimsy stock stock,  not sure this one is any better.  Looks good,  is floated,  but the v blocks are done poorly.  Will be able to get it out to the range soon to check accuracy. Cant wait for an aftermarket setup thats less clunky.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 11:15:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Warts or not thats one nice looking rifle.  I've been thinking about getting a Predator in .308 and using it as a base gun to do better things with it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 11:37:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I have three of the Americans (300AAC Ranch, 6.5 Predator and a .22) and the only one that is free floated is the .22, go figure.  I called Ruger about the two that weren't and they said to shoot them first and if they weren't reasonably accurate I could send it back.  My response was, "all your literature says that the barrel is free-floated.  If you'd like me to run 100 rounds thru each of them to see if they're accurate, send me the ammo and I'll do it."  At $20-$30 a box I'm not going to be rolling the dice.  I get that it's a $350 rifle but if you say it's free floated and it isn't, you've sold me a false bill of goods.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 7:29:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Got it outside today,  took three shots to get zeroed then  did a couple  of 5 shot groups off a bipod and on snow. Not bad,  should terrorize deer,  elk and coyotes just fine.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:16:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Sharp looking rifle...I have looked at them and those green stocks do a number on me.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 2:28:27 PM EDT
[#7]
This is a set-up Ruger should produce!  The standard American stock is flimsy junk, but my son's .243 is a tackdriver from the bench.  All we ask is a better stock Ruger and I'm buying myself one!  I'll even pay $50 more for the gun if it has a better stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top