Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2015 10:36:38 PM EDT
So I have seen the threads with the Mini 14's or Mini 30's, Ultimak or Amega rails, and a forward mounted red dot.

I have a Mini 30 Tactical and I think that I would like to go with the Ultimak rail and an Aimpoint micro. I have this set up on one of my M1 Carbines and its great for my older eyes.

However, my Mini 30 gets FURNACE hot after only a few magazines. With the rail bolted to the gas block and barrel, will the Aimpoint Micro be able to handle it? Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 11:20:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an ultimak rail on a mini-14 tactical with a primary arms dot.  No problems so far.

If a primary arms dot can take it, an aimpoint micro should be just fine.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 11:55:09 PM EDT
[#2]
i have used a Burris Fastfire II on mine with no problems. I use a Burris 2X7 pistol scope now.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 9:54:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have an ultimak rail on a mini-14 tactical with a primary arms dot.  No problems so far.

If a primary arms dot can take it, an aimpoint micro should be just fine.
View Quote

Thanks Formergrunt!

We are using a Primary Arms Advanced Microdot on the M1 Carbine (MD-ADS) and it is working great, but the M1 Carbine does not seem to get anywhere near as hot as the Mini 30.

I want to put a top of the line sight on the Mini 30, but I also didn't want to cook a $600 sight. The red dot sights mounted low and farther out are working best for me. I turned 49 and my near vision just disappeared.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 5:43:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Mini 14 Tactical and would like to add a question.

Which scout rail is best (lowest) for a co-witness with stock.sights, and what dot do you use?
Thanks
In for pics too.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:24:38 AM EDT
[#5]
the Ultimak is lower than anything else I found. works for me.
it doesnt cowitness with my scope but I use QRW rings, so easy off
should I need to.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 2:15:43 PM EDT
[#6]
To my knowledge there isn't a mount to allow a red dot to co-witness with the stock height Ruger sights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top