Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2015 5:00:18 AM EDT
aside from factory magazines which work great, what are some good third party magazines for the Mini 14?
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 7:39:18 AM EDT
[#1]
The Tapco gen 2 mags for the Mini-14 look to be good to go.  Check out this video.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 12:08:35 PM EDT
[#2]
FWIW, I've had good luck with PMI and even USA brand, but I also had to intervene.  Each of these had examples that either worked out of the box or needed a slight tweak.  Some of the PMIs needed the mag top flared outward slightly so the follower could activate the bolt hold open.  One or two of my USA mags had an extra long mag catch plate that prevented lock up, which was remedied by a few file strokes.  All work great in my Mini and AC556.

Please note I did not buy these and YMMV.  They came with the rifle when purchased.  I stick with factory Ruger when making purchases as life is too short to deal with this crap.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 2:04:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Wasn't there a dual AR/Mini-14 mag back in the '80's?  Feed lips on both ends...  I stand corrected.
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 2:06:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wasn't there a dual AR/Mini-14 mag back in the '80's?  Feed lips on both ends...
View Quote

Ramline.  No feed lips on both ends but it had both locking systems on the same end.  I recall them being pretty bad and brittle.
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 3:50:04 PM EDT
[#5]
From a 'hit or miss' and 'what's my time worth' standpoint, the 20rd Ruger brand mags are likely your best bet when they are available for about $24 each now.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 2:06:51 AM EDT
[#6]
The steel 20 rd Pro mags works well in the mini. That's the only pro mag worth owning.

BTW, I bought some factory 20 rd mags at CDNN for $ 20 a piece  before blace Friday.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 2:51:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  The steel 20 rd Pro mags works well in the mini. That's the only pro mag worth owning.

BTW, I bought some factory 20 rd mags at CDNN for $ 20 a piece  before blace Friday.
View Quote

Their flush fit AR mags can be handy.  Work fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top