Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2015 7:43:15 AM EDT
If so, what do you think of it?
Is it well made?
Does the takedown barrel affect accuracy?
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 8:18:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Tagged, aint heard of this one.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 8:54:09 AM EDT
[#2]
ar takedowns?

i am only aware of the 10/22 takedown tbh
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 9:17:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ar takedowns?

i am only aware of the 10/22 takedown tbh
View Quote

Well, it is not really a takedown, but the barrel comes out kind of like an AUG.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 9:48:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Nah.  One of the local dealers got one of the first ones in when they were first announced and tried getting me to buy it.  I see no purpose behind it at all.  If I want to "take-down" an AR, I will just split the upper and lower.  If I want a quick change between 5.56 and 300BLK, I will just swap uppers with their dedicated sights.  I don't know of anyone that bought one, or has been looking for one, and I don't see any reviews on them online.  About the only group that looks like they thought it was a good idea is Windham Weaponry, as they introduced their own version a couple weeks back.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:06:50 PM EDT
[#5]
The concept would only work if the upper receiver was the registerible receiver.  So it is no big deal to have a bunch of separate upper halves.  So on an AR platform it is not viable.  Say if if one had an easy swappable barrel on say a G3, that may have found a nich?
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 5:47:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one.  I have been using it almost exclusively as a 300BLK.  It shoots well and runs fine with subs suppressed and unsuppressed although I don't really see a need to run subs without a can.

Anyway, I tend to agree with the posts here about the need for a QD barrel.  As the upper sits, the forend is a unitized piece of the upper so I'm only saving something like 6" by pulling the barrel.  I also don't really see the need to go switching barrels back and forth back and forth just for something to do on the range.  With that said, Ruger didn't jack the price up on the TD version so people who want the QD barrel can have that feature without paying an inflated price for it.  Plus the new gun has a better (lighter) barrel profile than the existing SR-556 line and the rifle ships with some better furniture.

At the end of the day, the barrel feature is there for those who want to utilize it.  Others, like me, can have a piston-driven 300BLK that can be easily pulled apart for an occasional detailed cleaning.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 6:14:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top