Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2015 5:27:54 PM EDT
Ok, after having the rifle CeraKote "H" series Graphite black, I have it all together for your viewing pleasure. I would have liked to take the pics outside, but it’s a rainy day…Oh well, that’s why we have a dining room, right?

High Desert Firearms did the finish and again, Customized Creation (Customized Creationz - Home Page) did the butt-plate.

I had the front sight raised:

I still have to get a park job on all my mags (5.56 and 7.62), but here is one with the 7.62 mag:

With the 5.56 mag:

Link Posted: 9/19/2015 10:42:21 PM EDT
[#1]
That looks great.

Details on bayonet lug?
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 8:15:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That looks great.

Details on bayonet lug?
View Quote

I removed the bayonet lug from a 30 Carbine band and had it welded on the gas block:

http://www.perfectunion.com/vb/mini-14-mini-30-gallery/87742-mini-30-never.html

Link Posted: 9/21/2015 4:59:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I like this a lot.   U kind of get the best of both worlds.
Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 5:00:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 7:28:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks for sharing.
View Quote

This is IMHO what the mini should have been like, or at least close to it, but I guess it couldn't compete with the AR.
It would be nice if Ruger offered a custom shop to do such things..lol.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 3:31:58 PM EDT
[#6]
That looks sharp.
Can you tell me about the rear sight?
Adjustable? Peep? Available?
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 6:09:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That looks sharp.
Can you tell me about the rear sight?
Adjustable? Peep? Available?
View Quote

http://www.tech-sights.com/

The rear sight is RR200 from tech-sights, its a must for the Mini-14!
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 8:40:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Why are you displaying it with te 5.56 mag and 762 mag?  What caliber is the rifle.

I may have answered my own question but my mini 30 fed great using a mini 14 magazine.

Incredible looking rifle.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 1:38:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Aw hell, that looks great.
I have a ranch model. mini 30  
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 2:07:55 AM EDT
[#10]
How much!?
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 8:48:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why are you displaying it with te 5.56 mag and 762 mag?  What caliber is the rifle.

I may have answered my own question but my mini 30 fed great using a mini 14 magazine.

Incredible looking rifle.
View Quote

The caliber is 7.62x39, it uses the 7.62x39 magazine from Ruger, the 5.56 mag is only for your viewing pleasure!
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 9:17:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Here is the whole story:

Before the paint job:

Changed out the top sling swivel with a 1 1/4" and the bayonet lug from the carbine:

The stock and hand guard is walnut, the stock came unfinished from Stocky, the hand guard from Gunville:
https://www.stockysstocks.com/explorer-ruger-mini-14-30-lightweight-classic-stock.html?___SID=U
http://www.gunville.com/products/ruger-mini-14-walnut-repro-top-wood?variant=751070543

I had installed a M14 sling swivel:

Then finished the stock and hand guard with Fartrimmers OX:
http://www.fairtrimmers.com/

Then I formed the but plate:

Then I sent the plate off to Custom-Creations to be knurled:

The front sight I found on ebay, I just had Lee Hadaway raise it some to zero it.

Easy!

Link Posted: 9/25/2015 9:45:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Damn that some nice work, especially the stock and buttplate!!  You made that buttplate yourself??

What ammo do you like shooting?  Mini shoots brown bear really well accuracy and reliability wise.  If I'm gonna splurge I'll buy ppu sp boolits.  I just picked up some dies and gonna really ring out the accuracy now
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 9:28:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Damn that some nice work, especially the stock and buttplate!!  You made that buttplate yourself??

What ammo do you like shooting?  Mini shoots brown bear really well accuracy and reliability wise.  If I'm gonna splurge I'll buy ppu sp boolits.  I just picked up some dies and gonna really ring out the accuracy now
View Quote

Thanks! Yes, I formed the butt-plate, then had it knurled, looks a lot better then the rubber butt-pad!

All ammo except tula..I think Yugo is by far the best, but I had the extra power hammer spring installed and had the firing pin extended, as well as heat treated. That was done so I could use all types of ammo, I still get FTF with tula but I average about one FTF every other magazine. That's a hell of a lot better then the one in five FTF I was getting..lol!

When it comes to ringing out the accuracy of the 7.62x39, I have a Sig 556R, I also have a AAC 7.62 SDN can for it, I plan on making some sub-sonic rounds using the 180gr. 303 Enfield bullet.. I just mounted a Nikon 300 BO scope on it,  I hope to push both super and sub sonic rounds to see what its really capable of doing...should be fun!

Link Posted: 9/27/2015 10:44:46 PM EDT
[#15]
So stockys only list a satin or gloss finish walnut. What finish
Did you order ?
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 7:23:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So stockys only list a satin or gloss finish walnut. What finish
Did you order ?
View Quote

I ordered it without a finish, I also told them not to install the butt-plate.
Just call them and ask for a unfinished walnut stock..
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 9:11:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice!
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 10:32:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Very nice!

This looks like a good project to put into the lineup. Thanks for posting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top