BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 8:59:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does anyone else want it to take standard AR magazine sized rounds? The 6.5 Grendel in particular?
View Quote

Not really.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 9:06:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 4:55:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Does anyone else want it to take standard AR magazine sized rounds? The 6.5 Grendel in particular?
View Quote

Nice idea, but it would have to be a different rifle.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ruger does it considering how innovative they've been lately.

A smaller RPR that uses AR mags could accommodate several different cartridges/calibers.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I like it. Anyone know the weight? I'm not a huge fan of that forend but it looks like and 6.5 is a ba load.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:48:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I like it. Anyone know the weight? I'm not a huge fan of that forend but it looks like and 6.5 is a ba load.
View Quote

fingered one today. heavy, but seems to be pretty well balanced, somehow. also, the forend can be replaced with any AR15 forend. so you can sell the samson and put on anything else that you like better.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 6:35:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

fingered one today. heavy, but seems to be pretty well balanced, somehow. also, the forend can be replaced with any AR15 forend. so you can sell the samson and put on anything else that you like better.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As of right now that's not right. Many people have reported that their rails aren't fitting. However it looks like Seekins will be making a rail for it soon.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 7:13:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

As of right now that's not right. Many people have reported that their rails aren't fitting. However it looks like Seekins will be making a rail for it soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dang. I was hoping to run an SLR solo light or ALG EMR V2...
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 1:14:12 PM EDT
[#8]
We got one in 6.5 at the Academy where I work. I want it badly. Too bad I'm broke.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:15:35 PM EDT
[#9]
What's Academy selling them for $ ?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 4:45:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I think it's $1099.99.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 5:18:49 PM EDT
[#11]
A guy at the range this weekend let me take a couple of shots with his new RPR in 6.5 Creedmore. I had been shooting .308 all morning through my FN SPR. I limited myself to two shots with the RPR so as to be polite with the ammo. It didn't recoil much, along the lines of .223.

Interesting. We stood around and made the usual range talk. I'm still not sure I want one, seeing as I'm well invested in .308. As long as I can get "practical utility" at 600 yards with my current setups, I'm happy.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 1:09:03 AM EDT
[#12]
is the barrel threaded?
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 1:25:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
is the barrel threaded?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:10:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I think it's $1099.99.
View Quote

you and me both, I've came in there twice to fondle it. just not enough cash right now.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 9:10:00 PM EDT
[#17]
I want one.  They seem like good long range rifles and if you shoot the barrel out you can replace it for the cost of the barrel, AR wrench, and a headspace gauge.  Changing calibers may also require a new bolt or bolt face if they are replaceable.  They are a respectable tool to shoot long range and learn how to shoot long range, like trajectory, wind drift, load development, whatever.
AR10 mags take longer cartridges than AR15 mags so this might give you some freedom with overall length for the 6.5 Creedmore.  I'm not aware of the details or possibilities here.

I'm mostly interested because my AR10 in .308 and 20" barrel does not seem to make the velocity to reach 1000 yards.  So I'm looking for a 1000 yard gun in the Creedmore or .308 if you can get a 24" barrel for it too.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 2:00:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Not really.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really.

+1

There are other options using standard AR mags.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top