Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's Jeff Quinn's review with his usual nice pictures, etc.  

This should help answer some of the questions about the rifle's accuracy potential.

http://gunblast.com/Ruger-Mini14-300.htm
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Another review:

Part 1

Part 2
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 2:12:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Another review:

Part 1

Part 2
View Quote

Fixed Part 1 for ya.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:25:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I shot my Blackout Ruger for the first time yesterday and have to say I'm pleasantly surprised at how the little rifle worked.  It initially didn't want to fully cycle some handloads of 10.8gr of 1680 with a 208gr AMAX but after a few rounds of supersonic the gun starting running the 1680 load just fine.  I also had some factory Remington 220gr ammo that ran fine right off the bat but it wasn't as quiet as the 1680 load with a few rounds going supersonic.  Next time out I'll play with my LT-30 load and see how it works.  

I sighted the rifle in at 100 yards with supersonic ammo since this is normally what I shoot in the Blackout.  I dialed the rifle in using a Sierra 125gr Pro Hunter and 18gr of 296.  I also tried some factory Nosler 110gr ammo and some factory Remington/Barnes 120gr stuff.  The handloads and the 110gr stuff shot pretty much to the same POI/POA but the 120gr stuff shot just a bit higher.  

I chronographed my 1680 subsonic load at an average of about 1,050 out of the Ruger.  The 296 125gr Pro Hunter load ran at about 2,200 while the 110gr and the 120gr ran at about 2,350 for both loads.  If my chrono numbers are true and accurate I think we'd be hard pressed to find better "defensive" ammo than the 120gr stuff since it is churning out AK performance with improved accuracy at a really good price.  

Here is a photo of one of my groups with the 296 load.  This is with the iron sights and is pretty typical of what I saw from the new Ruger.  I'm confident the gun will perform even better with a trigger job and the addition of an optic.  

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 6:56:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here's Jeff Quinn's review with his usual nice pictures, etc.  

This should help answer some of the questions about the rifle's accuracy potential.

http://gunblast.com/Ruger-Mini14-300.htm
View Quote

Thanks for the link. The new Mini14 is much improved in accuracy over the older models with the pencil barrels, and even the two examples I owned in the 90s were not horrible, POI just walked as the barrel heated up. Ruger has heard the complaints, the new models have a great barrel on them. I traded into one thats maybe 3 years old, its as accurate at 100 yards with open sites as any of my ARs.

And what are people still complaining that ruger is not making the mini14 to take AR mags? The bolt and how the mag locks into the rifle is very different, it would basically be an entirely new gun. I dont bitch that I cant put my glock mags into my beretta afterall
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top