Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2015 9:07:59 PM EDT
I have a mini 30 tactical on the way and curious why type of ammo you shoot in yours?

Purchase from ?

Cost?

thanks
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 7:55:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Loves silver and golden bear.  Brown bear has very few hicups, mostly fail to feed.  Tula is pretty unreliable.
I hear Wolf military classic does ok, all other Wolf is trouble

All brass is fine, but $$$$$$.  The main point of 7.62x39 is cheap ammo
SGAmmo.com
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:41:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I just picked one up. New to the caliber so I will make my rounds today buying what I find to test. Will then buy a case I what shoots best online
Fwiw I've heard good things about the bear ammo.  Stay away from Tula if you can and all other berdan primed ammo.

The gun is American and designed to shoot American brass, but is never seen brass cases x39 before but never really looked ether
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:30:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just picked one up. New to the caliber so I will make my rounds today buying what I find to test. Will then buy a case I what shoots best online
Fwiw I've heard good things about the bear ammo.  Stay away from Tula if you can and all other berdan primed ammo.

The gun is American and designed to shoot American brass, but is never seen brass cases x39 before but never really looked ether
View Quote

Bold part is fairly true for the Thirty.

The other part, pretty much all of the non-brass cased 7.62x39 has berdan primers.

They're just not all made out of armor plate like whatever Tula primers are.

Silver Bear seems to run pretty universally well in a Mini-30.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:39:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I took my m30 to the range today.  40 rounds of brass American eagle, flawless.  40 rounds of Tula, 1 failure to fire, which did fire on the third try...

I need to find some reliable soft point ammo for deer season

Eta: 3-4 inch groups at 50 with irons.  This is typical for me with all my irons only guns because I'm not the best shot or eye sight. I know the gun can do better because I stacked more than a few shots. Can't wait to wring her out at 100 with the scope I got
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:48:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The other part, pretty much all of the non-brass cased 7.62x39 has berdan primers.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes I agree not all berdan primed ammo is bad.  Really just stay away from Tula if you can. They have probably the hardest primers. My only problem is all I can find locally is Tula for $5.50 a box or brass for 20$ a box
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top