Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2015 2:13:10 PM EDT
So yesterday I was able to finally head out and try some different ammo with my Ruger Gunsite. I found an interesting quirk and was wondering if anyone else has had this issue.
It seems my rifle doesn't like to feed 7.62. Numerous times when I cycled the bolt the round would end up in front of extractor, making the bolt not want to close fully.
It would fire fine, and extract fine once I had reseated the round.
It didn't do it with every round. I tried both slowly working the bolt and quickly working it, happened both ways.  

Wondering if the 7.62 case was different than the 308? Smaller diameter?

Regular 308 from several different manufactures all functioned flawlessly.

Anyone else have this issue?
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 11:55:06 PM EDT
[#1]
What magazine?
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 12:29:45 AM EDT
[#2]
No.  Mine fires the military stuff just fine.  Might want to have them look at it.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 12:06:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I think mine did this as well once or twice.  I know I had a bad magazine, which was sent back.  I don't know if that has resolved it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 12:38:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Happened with regular metal mag as well as 3 additional poly mags. Seems like the bolt strips the round, but the round pops forward of the bolt once the round is out of the mag.

I would think if it were a mag issue it would do it with regular 308 as well.

Next time I'm at the range I'll pay more attention, maybe try to take a video of it in action.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top