Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2015 6:32:21 PM EDT
I caved to my baser desires and ordered a brand new 580 series Ruger Ranch Rifle from Impact late last week and I'm just waiting for them to ship it to my FFL.  Of course, I ordered some 'extras' too which have all been delivered so I'm sitting here with a small pile of parts and no rifle to put them on.  I'm told by my wife that I'm not good at waiting and my patience is a bit lacking as well.  I don't care, I want it NOW!!!
I've had some 20rd Ruger® Mags and spare M1 Carbine sling for years 'just in case', so I ordered a Choate Handguard (I've painted it a flat brown to better match the wood stock), a Tech-Sights' Mini200 rear sight as the stock one sucks to adjust it and the aperture is too big, a SOCOM length Accu-Strut to both stiffen the barrel and to give it a better look, and also six more Wilson 1911 blue bumpers I also use on my 1911s to soften the impact of the Ruger's action when cycling.  
As I said, they're all just sitting on my handloading bench, waiting for my Ruger!  
I've also watched and bookmarked NutnFancy's The Yoda G Mod YouTube video on stoning the trigger group and it looks the same as I did on my M14s way back when I was an Armorer for Uncle Sam so I'm sure it will go well too.  Further, I'm going to rub in a coat or two of WATCO's Danish Oil, Medium Walnut that I use around the house into the stock to both protect it from the dry climate and give the stock some color and depth.  I've used it for decades and it really brings out the beauty of the wood.
Anyway - Tick Tock, Tick Tock

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:15:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool story bro
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top