Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2015 1:51:48 PM EDT
Are there any different rear sight option for the 580 series Mini 14 Ranch rifle.
When I shot the rifle at 50 yds last eve, it's almost impossible for me to pick up the rear sight..
I moved my head closer and farther away from the rear sight but it didn't really help.
Seemed the aperture was too big and possibly the overall diameter could have been a little bigger.
Suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 4:18:31 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.tech-sights.com/

People seem to really like their products.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 9:51:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I just realized my 582 series Mini has a smaller OD aperture(about .220) than my NRA series Mini(about .320)
I believe the ID is about the same.
I'll call Ruger and see if they have something.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 11:32:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.tech-sights.com/

People seem to really like their products.
View Quote

This!

I think you can specify a larger opening on the sight.
I've got one of their sights and they blow the original rear sight out of the water.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 10:28:14 AM EDT
[#4]
It's not really the opening size that is bothering me it is the lack of overall size of the aperture.
I can't quite pick up the rear sight because it is too small.
Apparently Ruger makes at least 2 different OD with same size aperture openings.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:36:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I replaced my factory rear sight with one from Tech Sights after it flew off the rifle the second time I had it at the range. Significant improvement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top